cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Khan
Advocate

Now broadband membership

What is the difference between a no-contract and a 12-month contract, except for the charges? 
so if I choose the 12-month contract, do I have to return the router and everything? Also, do the delivery charges include setting up the router and other things? 

If I choose the no-contract option, then I don't need to return everything. 
Will they send a technician to set up the wifi? 
Lastly, how much time does it take to deliver either of these two? 

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Khan 

No difference, apart from the charges. The no-contract option is designed for those for whom broadband is only needed in the short-term, where the upfront fee is less than what the early termination fee would be on exiting a year’s contract, so less than ten months, very roughly.

Nobody sets up the router for you; you have to do that for yourself. However, if there is no BT Master Socket where you are, or no working one, then the included installation will get one of those fitted for you. Otherwise, it’s just some work by the engineer in your local cabinet, and he probably won’t even need to come into your property.

Both normally require about two week’s notice; there is no physical difference in the installation, just the contractual arrangements.

But we are getting a lot of reports of missed installation dates lately, which may or may not have something to do with the recent Openreach changes as to what sorts of lines they will supply.

Finally,where did you read that you don’t have to give the router back on the No Contract option? As I can’t find that 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the advice.

I’ve found it very helpful.