cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your website is a joke

Ive spend the last half hour trying to do what should be a sinple thing.. buy one of these new NowTV sticks.. yet it is impossible!

If i am not logged in, i get redirect to nowtv.com/home/existing no matter where i want to go.. nothing works on that page.. every link and navigation tab you click is broken.

If i am logged in i dont get re-directed to that link.. which in iteslef is weird if its for "existing customers". Find the actual page to buy the stick however is another mission altogether.. round and round and round in circles clicking on "nowtv stick" and "get offer" buttons to buy the darn thing only to be sent to the same page to buy a black box or voucher instead and thats when i actually get sent to the stick page to start with which often it sends me else where..

Finally i managed to get to the payment screen for the stick.. asks me to login even though i already am! So i logged in to my already logged in account, confirmed the delivery address, payment method (which is all upto date) and entered my payment pin.. oh what joy, those lovely spinning circles you guys like so much.. then nothing but a blank payment section.

Another 5 minutes spent then trying to get back through your labyringth of mis-drected and broken links to have attempt number two at buying this stick.. guess what?.. i click confirm to pay and its blank again!

Fair enough.. i give up.. you can keep your stick!!! Shame as maybe if you sold more of these things you could afford to employ a professional to design your website!

Well maybe it's a good thing.. if the quality of the stick is anything like this website then i am better off without it!

15 REPLIES 15
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Raev

You know, you could buy the stick from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Now+TV+stick

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your your replies guys, most appreciated.

I did actually see the stick on Amazon but i am always weary about buying some products from there, especially the NowTV stuff. There are quite a few fakes.. or modified units going about. This was why i wanted to order from NTV direct so i know what i was getting and knew if there was a problem then returning it would be no issue, or claiming under warranty if it failed further down the line would be hassle free. NTV are good for honouring there products if bought direct (past experiance).

Argos is not an option for us.. there is no argos anywhere near us as we are located in the Scottish highlands.

I may just end up buying from Amazon but it still doesn't answer the question as to why the NowTV website is so badly built and why nothing is being done to fix it. I mean it was bad before, but mstly on the forums. Now it's the whole site. If i was a new customer never having used NTV before i would certainly be put off wanting to use a service thats can not provide a working website when the product they sell is online based! Not really a solution to say "buy it from somewhere else".

To be honest, a website put together this poorly makes me very sceptical about how well the security of the site is also put together and if my information is even safe!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I haven't seen you on here for a while Smiley Sad

A couple of people have had problems recently trying too buy the nowtv smart stick from their website, here's one example below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/Can-t-order-now-tv-stick-and-sports-bundle/m-p/465427#M489

I have flagged this up with one of the NowTV Staff members for them to pass it onto the relevant department to investigate it further.

If you are not keen on buying the nowtv smart stick with a bundled pass from Amazon you could look at Curry's / PC World as a possible alternative if there is a store in your region, where they also offer free delivery (assuming they cover the Scottish Highlands).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

Yep i took a break after not being so happy with NTV and certain things they were doing. Thought we would see how things have progressed and if they have improved and the stick appealed to us for a few reasons. So rather than just buying a pass it seemed more logical to get the new stick and replace the rather slow black box. Sadly the experiance so far has not been good 😞

Cheers for that, i will take a look at currys, much prefer that to the Amazon option as the seller on there barley has as record/reputation so i really don't trust it. Not able to get to a currys either but as long as the delivery is either RM or DPD that would be no problem (many other couriers refuse to come to us due to the roads up here).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Was looking into this issue regarding buying the stick. The issue appears to be with the login process.

NowTV seem to have their own login page when trying to buy the stick, something i have not seen before as it is usully the Sky login box you get.

What appears to happen is that you get logged into the now TV account via this new form but not SKY. At the payment processing part your actualy sent through Sky via an iframe to do the transaction.. however your not actually logged into SKY so it just produces an error which is the blank page we are getting. (IF you view the source code you can actually see an error printed, it's just not presented to the user). There's a bit more involved than that, but that's the basics of it.

If you are logged into both NTV and Sky you get the same result, a blank page. However the source code error is different and indicates that the data being passed is the issue. E.G. the user can not be validated by Sky becuase the something didnt match their records.

Its the same here on the forum.. you can be logged into NowTV but when trying to post on the forum your redirected to Sky's login page.

P.S. I was looking through the mass amount of cookies this site saves.. you do know that storing actual usernames in cookies is utter stupid right?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just a thought, if you are a Sky customer and use a Sky ID with NowTV then they where previously linked, but due to recent changes they are now seperate.

So for example if you made any personal changes on your Sky account you would also need to make the changes in your NowTV account.

I wonder if that's whats causing the problem in your particular case ?

More info here about Sky ID and NowTV.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-id-and-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

Interesting, i had not come across that. Ive always used my Sky ID to sign into all things NowTV as that was always the requirment. That been said even with the change, i have not made any changes to either account.

It is somewhat confusing i must admit.. since it is obviously not completely seperated. Your still presented with the SkyID login for this forum for example, yet other areas of NowTV appear to be using this new login so it's now actually posible to be only semi-signed in.

I think you are right in the fact that the issue is related to this change though but not becuase i have changed anything (as i have not) but rather that the seperation between the two has not been done quite right. There certainly seems to be a conflict or miss-comunication between these two systems as noted above.

Side note.. im glad they seperated it though. It has always bothered me that everything done in my Sky account was carried over to NowTV. I remember a long time back changing my e-mail at sky and i intentionally left NTV at the other address, then surprisingly i started getting forum notifications on the new address from my sky account. Logged into NTV to see it had changed here also and was locked from editing. So the change is a good thing.. if only it actualy worked.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I have never used a Sky ID and always logged into my NowTV account with my nowtv username or email address.

All i can suggest is to have a good read of the help article and double check everything in your Nowtv account including home address, bank card details etc etc.

Perhaps it's not even Sky ID related and because you mentioned Sky i thought i should make you aware that they are not linked anymore and separated like mentioned in the help article.

Hopefully, later on today somebody from the NowTV Forum Team will pick up this thread and offer you some further assistance / advice.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

I've always signed in with my sky id as that was the requirment when i signed up all those years back.. if you didnt have a sky id you had to create one.

Strangley enough i just found another problem. While i am logged into this forum with my SkyID, i went to my account to "view passes" and was prompted to login with my SkyID... erm what, wait but im already logged in!

Anyway, i logged in (again) and proceed to my "Account Details" to see what NTV have hold on me.. If indeed these are now seperate i should be able to edit them right? Well thats as far as i can get.. i can not even access the details. The page goes into a mega reload loop with the message "Oops something has gone wrong". So i cant even change anything, even if i wanted to.