cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching now TV on fire stick

Is this possible? Doesn't seem so. Can't screen mirror from android as now TV will only run in app not web browser. Same problem in trying to use web browser eg Firefox on the fire TV stick.

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's great @ukbobboy 

Thanks, I'll have a look into that. 

👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, 

Sorry to hear that. 

I'll keep investigating.  

Found a lot of misleading info online tbh , 

For me, the now tv is fine on my smaller devices , but that's kinda where I'm stuck at. 

I'll let you know if I find other info ... think your right though !

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately you won't be able to watch nowtv from the Amazon Fire Stick or Fire Box (see link page below for supported devices).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a now TV box on my tv upstairs. But on my main tv I have fire stick and Wii.

If I could watch now TV on my web browser on my tablet then I could mirror it, but only the app

Is supported on mobile devices.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have a now TV box on my tv upstairs. But on my main tv I have fire stick and Wii.

If I could watch now TV on my web browser on my tablet then I could mirror it, but only the app

Is supported on mobile devices.

The app is supported on tablets too @Anonymous User 

What tablet do you have?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes I realise that. I can watch it on my Android tablet using the app no problem, but that isn't the issue. I want to be able to watch Now TV on my big TV downstairs. I can only seem to screen mirror videos from the tablet playing on a website to the TV via the Fire Stick - not via the Now TV App.

There is a solution - I will just have to swap my Now TV box from the upstairs TV to the downstairs TV and put the Fire Stick on the upstairs TV. I'll swap back after the free trial as the Fire Stick is a much better piece of kit than my admittedly quite old Now TV box.

chilli2
Elite 2

What happens if you try and android app, such as apps to fire ( that sends your apps to a fire tv device) with Now TV?

As far as i know Fire Tv is running on a ( very) custom version of android, so it shouldnt be too much effort to have Now on Fire tv/fire products

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I side-loaded NowTV previously to Fire Stick. For some reason when it runs it is blocked. Basically either Sky don't want you watching on Fire or Fire doesn't want you watching on Fire, or both. Whichever way the person losing out is the customer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly, it's us customers bearing the brunt. 

I'm forced to stream NowTV to my laptop and HDMI cable it to my TV, just so I can watch footy on TV. I don't need another stick, NowTV/CC etc, It would just be great if NowTV works on my FireTV stick.

Admins - is this planned for release soon? It's highly frustrating as a customer, and BT is also available on FireTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's just pathetic on the part of Sky. However, it's their loss. I refuse to pay their O.T.T prices for their packages and I can't watch it on my big TV despite several possible devices so they obviously don't want any money off me.