cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

USB/SD DISABLED NOT A HAPPY BUNNY

Heard about the new box on several internet sites and mentioning new USB features, went to Now TV yesterday and they have spec listing as follows so thought I'd upgrade my white box

USB media formats:
Video: MP4 (H.264), MKV (H.264)
Audio: AAC, MP3
Image: JPG, PNG
Remote:
Infra Red
Compatible with various universal remotes
Ports:
HDMI (cable included), Ethernet, microSD card slot, USB

NOWHERE does it say that that this hardware is disabled unless you scroll through the help section which given the simplicity of set-up owning one already I saw no reason to do:

Micro SD & USB

You’re currently unable to connect the NOW TV Box to a Micro SD card, or other expandable media storage devices.

It might be subsidised pricewise expected that given it's closed channel list compared to a standard Roku but the lack of openess regarding this is pretty poor!

177 REPLIES 177
Anonymous User
Not applicable
The white one apparently isn't good enough for the current version of plex, so there replacing em with the more powerful roku3 variant! 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a white and new black now tv box, just found out about Plex, and tried to load the app 

I have enabled installer on both boxes and entered a password, when I enter the IP address on my laptop I am not able to get the DAI web page on my browser, what am I doing  wrong?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

many thanks for your prompt reply

I have followed the instructions from your link, the development application installer is enabled

I cannot access the DAI webb page url - hhtp://192.168.0.7 for the now box

I have  just tried to access my router url - http://192.168.0.1 to check router settings and I cannot do that either, have also tried using my ipad and iphone without success

Have switched router off for 1 minute, no difference? totally stuck

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have several of the white ones which are still working perfectly well with Plexrarflix and the latest version of Plex. Possibly the new plex pass version may have some new features I'm not aware of.

The black one is quick and it's nice having the wifi and wired option.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a new black NowTV box but whenever I try to enable developer mode, the box restarts and then I check the status when it has reboted using the code it still says Enable as if it hasn't done so. Any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have a new black NowTV box but whenever I try to enable developer mode, the box restarts and then I check the status when it has reboted using the code it still says Enable as if it hasn't done so. Any ideas?

Did you scroll through the agreement screen first? (takes ages!)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Did you scroll through the agreement screen first? (takes ages!)

Weirdly I tried it agaain later that evening and it worked perfectly. Perhaps it depends on where you have the cursor on the home menu when you type the code in. I think top left of the main app grid worked for me finally.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Mine did this, scroll down to cancel, then back up to onto the developer mode, press ok, scroll all the way down, again scroll to cancel then back up to accept, then will open a password screen, enter password, save the box will restart, and developer mode will be active.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm still not having any luck with this even after scrolling all the way to the bottom.

Doesn't properly go into Developer Mode, Web Interface not accessible.

Mine is a 4200SK   V6.2 build 5109