cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart Stick/Account

Hi all,

Probably not the rightplace for this but here goes anyway.

Today I bought a smart stick, so I delete the old box and plug the stick into the TV. All is well until I enter the code on my computer. The screen goes blank and the code on the tv just keeps regenerating every ten minutes. I spend about three hours on chat trying to get it sorted but no help. Ive reset the stick, changed my password and tried several different browsers all at the sugestion of the chat team. Now I cant sign in at all on explorer i can sign in on firefox and chrome but the screen goes blank on both and on my phone. The my details tab in my account just brings up oops something went wrong. Any ideas how to sort this out would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Ian

It sounds like you really have a serious technical problem, to be honest I'm not sure if you can have any kind of "distance" help but here goes.

First, check your Now TV account to insure everything is as you expect it to be, it is possible that something may not be in order.

Once you have confirmed your account is in order, I would then suggest that you do a hard reset on the Now TV stick and set it back to zero, i.e. it's brand new state.

Next, fill in your Now TV account details on the Stick and re-use your original password.

Afterwards, if any interaction is called for by the Stick then use your computer, not your smartphone.

In other words, I am suggesting that the same method you used to register your original box you should try and recreate for the Stick.

Thinking back to my own upgrade experience, I never had to delete my old white Now TV box before installing my new 2015 black one or when installing my Roku 3 later on.

Anyway, hope I could help.

UK Bob