cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenster
Advocate

Sky ID

I changed my Now TV password and got a message immediately from Sky to say i had changed my Sky ID too. NOW and Sky are not linked in terms of log in and I have never been a member of Sky - why did I get this? Is it spam?

5 REPLIES 5
redchiz1
Champion 2

From past experience the two systems are linked, but I don't understand why changing your password would have an effect on your ID? 

RoyB
Legend

@Jenster @redchiz1 

I think maybe this means that changing the Now password changes the Sky logon (if any), made up of the unchanged Id and the changed password.

But certainly, I used to have Sky Broadband, and when I subscribed to Now, it used the same login details. In fact, if I look at who Now thinks I am on my various TVs, some know me by my email address, and some, still, by that original Sky Id.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Nikki666
Advocate

This happened to me aswell just now, i dont have sky and never have

Jenster
Advocate

Thanks for your feedback. The same with Nikki I have never had Sky or an ID and have changed my password twice - each time getting an email from Sky at once. I don't want to try to sign in to Sky in case its spam and takes my password. Now I'm just deleting the emails!

Can a NOW representative explain why this happens please??

RoyB
Legend

@Jenster 

If you want an answer to that, you will need to contact Now directly.

We are all just customers like you here 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.