cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annie
Mentor

Newbie struggling with Sky Sports TV signing in

So hubby is trying to watch SKY Sports for the first time in 3 months that we have been with NowTv.

We pay for it but it's asking me to sign in. I've put in my email address and password but it says it's incorrect.. several times!

I'm fine on my TV and to sign in online too but having big issues on the main TV.

Any suggestions please what I am doing wrong?

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Annie 

Try deleting and reinstalling app on the TV

You could also try using your username.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Number and registering of devices may be a problem. Hope you have got it sorted out. 

Annie
Mentor

Thanks to you both. After 4 attempts with the same details it worked 🙄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got exactly the same problem...joined two weeks ago paid the fee then nothing..

Got the confirmation..but every time I go onto sky sports it tells me to join..

I'm nearly 80 yrs with a disabled -in sight husband who really wants sky sport..

Was with talktalk but they have partnered with now and it's useless I have spent over twelve hours trying to sort this out...hope someone can help..

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you accessing NOW via the App on your TalkTalk TV box ?

If so, have you navigated to the bottom of the home screen of the NOW App and under the My Account tile box entered your NOW account login details that you used to purchase the NOW Monthly Sports Membership ?

If that doesn't work, have you got any other NOW playback devices to see if your NOW Sports Membership works on ?

i don't know if the TalkTalk box still shows Sky Sports live channels from the Main Talk Talk TV Guide, but to use your NOW Membership you must use the NOW App only.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Forgot to mention something that catches out some people under the My Account on the NOW App with the Youview boxes is that they can't enter their account details because the letters on the remote doesn't seem to work.

What you need to do when on the My Account screen page and it shows the blank account name and empty password box is to press the OK button on the Youview box remote controller which will then bring up the virtual keyboard on the television screen to type in your account information details into the two blank boxes. 

Annie
Mentor
Thank you but I’m using a 4K Firestick. Don’t have a NowTV box at all.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sorry for the late reply but I haven't had the chance earlier..
I have found the cause of the problem which is that I was told by Talktalk my previous
supplier that I needed the latest Uveiw box to be able to receive Sky sport from Now tv...nobody at Talktalk had suggested this before...I received the new box supplied free by Talktalk ad set it up but found that I was unable on this new box to pre record programmes onthe guide like the day before or several days before...so I rang Talktalk..only to be told that this wasn't possible on this latest box...I couldn't believe it...Why!.. Myself and my husband are both80 yrs next year and we rarely go out due to different disabilities so we watch a lot of programmes on TV which. we pre record
as we don't rent videos or watch films...So the thought of losing this facility is a no goer..I'm really annoyed at Talk talk as I've found over the last 19 yrs that I've been with talktalk that the left hand dosent know what the right hand is doing..
Somebody e l se apart from the last adviser should have known about this issue and instead of advising me to go with Now tv for Sky sports - when Talktalk had decided not to continue there service.. I have spent our weeks trying to sort out this matter as to why my husband -who's partially blind with Macular degeneration, and can only watch TV by sitting 3ft away from a large screen..I am gratefull to you and everyone else who has tried to help...Does anyone out there know if anything else could be done to get around this problem..I would be very grateful...Many thanks Whitty..

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unfortunately only BT TV customers with the NOW bolt on package can record directly on their BT Youview boxes via the Main EPG TV Guide.

Other NOW Members have no option to record live sports and the only options at the moment is to watch the sports event live or on a live repeat broadcast (if available during later in the day or week) via the NOW App.

Or alternatively there is a sports on Demand section within the NOW App ( where it can take NOW 24 hours plus to add the sports event onto the on Demand Sports service).

Apart from waiting for the sports event to be added to NOW Sports on Demand the stream is 25fps where the picture shows less motion detail (more blur with fast panning shots) compared to 50fps with a Boost Membership when watching live sports with Boost.