cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annie
Mentor

Newbie struggling with Sky Sports TV signing in

So hubby is trying to watch SKY Sports for the first time in 3 months that we have been with NowTv.

We pay for it but it's asking me to sign in. I've put in my email address and password but it says it's incorrect.. several times!

I'm fine on my TV and to sign in online too but having big issues on the main TV.

Any suggestions please what I am doing wrong?

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree entirely... My experience of Now tv..Well it's definately the worst company I have ever dealt with after paying the monthly fee my husband who has deminished sight..and also reduced hearing and at the age of almost 80 is still unable to watch Sky sports..the thing he loves..and .after emailing Now tv and explaining the situation I didn't even get a reply...I also sent text and chat..but to no avail

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps 

I don't think @Anonymous User is trying, or expecting, to record from Now.

TalkTalk, for some unfathomable reason, have stopped supplying recording boxes to their customers, and are just sending out ‘zapper’ boxes that provide the YouView service, but don’t record anything, not broadcast TV, nothing.

At a guess, they had the older DN370T box, which if it has Now at all, only has Cinema, while the newer DN372T box has the full Now, including Sports.

But TalkTalk didn’t send them a DN372T, it sent them a DN360T, which does have full Now, but doesn’t record.

@Anonymous User, maybe you shouldn’t blame Now for the mess that TalkTalk has go you into here; maybe it’s TalkTalk who are the worst company you have ever dealt with.

But hopefully, we can fix this. What make and model of TV do you have? Maybe that has the Now app on it, and that is all you need.

Or failing that, buy an Amazon Firestick or a Roku Express, and get Now that way, for £30-£50 depending on which one you get.

Or even, though I hesitate to suggest it, plug both TalkTalk YouView boxes into the TV, and use the old one for recording, and the new one for Now. The reason I hesitate is that although you don’t need an aerial for the new box if you are only going to use it for Now, you will need a second Ethernet cable on it, and you have to drape a black cloth over the one you aren’t using at any one time, so it doesn’t respond to the YouView remote you are working the other box with.

Which is all a right faff, so having the Firestick or Express is better; but even better is finding that you can have the Now app on the TV, so tell me the make and model, and I’ll see if it’s doable!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Annie
Mentor
It was just a case of perseverance really. 4 times of trying and it worked.You do need to set it up though.Did you put a capital in for your password?(if you have a capital). It’s a case sensitive keyboard 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No help I'm afraid, I just wanted to vent my frustration that I cannot get programmes on my TV.  I keep telling them I do not want to watch stuff on my computer but they just seem to ignore my problems.  I think I'll give up.  Life's too short.