cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Episode Notifications

New to Now TV, and wonder why you can't receive notifications as new episodes from your "List" on the relevant pass become available like Netflix does? People could choose to set this to be a notification as they are released, a daily summary, or a weekly summary? Seems strange to only send an email monthly as you could miss something? Anyone else agree??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The Continue Watching section? Yep, it's in the My TV section on the menu of the mobile app. With the NOW TV box open the NOW TV app and from the main menu go to the My TV section (split into two parts, your watchlist and your continue watching page).

Sky Never Miss is a separate service that Sky run which emails you when a new season of your favourite shows are due to start.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. NOW TV has a Continue Watchin section in the My TV area which will show you when new episodes of a series you are currently watching appear each week (it also displays the next episode if you are binge watching a boxset), however it doesn't email you and if you're not currently subscribed you'll find this less useful as a way of deciding whether to resubscribe or not.

For new seasons of shows you like to watch, sign up for Sky's Never Miss service and add your favourite shows to your list on there and you'll receive an email when the new series is due to start.

http://epgservices.sky.com/nevermiss/

For boxsets keep an eye on this thread which lists new boxsets when they appear (if you are logged into this website you can subscribe to it by clicking Topic a Options > Subscribe to get a daily email copy)

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Boxset-Information/m-p/406610#M25455

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there. Thanks for this. I seem to be missing this somehow. Is this only available on the website rather than the mobile app or nowtv box?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The Continue Watching section? Yep, it's in the My TV section on the menu of the mobile app. With the NOW TV box open the NOW TV app and from the main menu go to the My TV section (split into two parts, your watchlist and your continue watching page).

Sky Never Miss is a separate service that Sky run which emails you when a new season of your favourite shows are due to start.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for clarifying. While I appreciate how you can do this, I do think it would be better to provide the functionality so you can choose how you are notified all in one place. Would be a really good development to the system! 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Agreed, I think they are already looking at developing in-app mobile notifications, but email notifications or promo emails that are more personalised to your viewing history would be good.

I'll tag @Anonymous User from the NOW TV Team and hopefully she will pass on your feedback to the powers that be.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That would be great! As people's viewing habits change I think there's a good case to almost have a timeline of updates based on your list which you could dip in and out of.... and funnily enough with some forums (probably on this one too!) You can choose how you get notified of stuff you're following... Would be a good way for people to interact about stuff too! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Anonymous User

Will do!