cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josef

Streaming

Hi I've just brought now tv and to Watch game of thrones, the first seven episodes were fine no problems good quality. Now at the start of every episode I get adverts they are unwanted and can't be skipped, why would I pay for a service And get ads that can't be skipped.

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Josef 

Ah good another thread on adverts.....which has been discussed/moaned to death. All the big streaming services are throwing adverts at us and to pay extra to get rid of them.

• Disney+ ad tier coming at the end of the year
  • Netflix already has an ad tier
  • Amazon bringing theirs next year
  • Discovery+ has ads and you can't even get rid of them 😡
  • Paramount+ has already shown their full intention to give us an ad tier

Do we like them, of course not. They are here to stay though.

To get rid of third party adverts from on demand content you need to take out boost.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

This will NOT remove the trailers for NOW/Sky content. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
petecc
Scholar 2

@Josef wrote:

Hi I've just brought now tv and to Watch game of thrones, the first seven episodes were fine no problems good quality. Now at the start of every episode I get adverts they are unwanted and can't be skipped, why would I pay for a service And get ads that can't be skipped.

If you're talking about general adverts during the program, then you need to pay extra for 'Boost' to get rid of them. However, you mentioned the start of the program so it sounds more like the adverts for other NOW programs. There is nothing you can do about them.

Generally I'm the last person to praise NOW (they've made such a mess of so much and customer service is dismal) but, with the Boost add-on, the in-program ads are just gone (you don't even have to FF through) and it works on all platforms. This is far better than anything you can get even from Sky (which is the only other service you can get the same content on, is much more expensive, and requires special hardware), so I'm prepared to live with the short program ads at the start.

RoyB
Legend

@Josef 

I’m guessing you watched the first seven episodes in a week, free of adverts (but with promos for Now content) and the adverts started in the second week?

In which case, you’ve been Boosted - given a 7-day free trial of Boost along with your Entertainment subscription - and either you knew about the Boost and cancelled it, or Now are no longer auto-continuing it as a paid subscription.

Are you getting adverts during GoT episodes now, as well as at the beginning?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.