cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Tv-Continue watching

Hi all,

Can someone help please. Why is it when I have watched shows they are not appearing in the My TV-Continue watching section. This is a new problem as didn't happen before. I get the message "let's get started!' It's quite annoying as then I have to search for the last programme I watched. Please help. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User if you can talking about the next unwatched episode of a series then it should appear. The system should be smart enough to add new episodes as they appear. However it is a bit hit and miss. Watched shows are in the watchist. It has limit to how many it holds.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User if you can talking about the next unwatched episode of a series then it should appear. The system should be smart enough to add new episodes as they appear. However it is a bit hit and miss. Watched shows are in the watchist. It has limit to how many it holds.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply but I have no shows appearing in My tv at all now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi again @Anonymous User

You say that you have no shows at all in "MyTV"  As I have said, this could be right if you are talking about "Continue Watching" but if you mean that you have no shows in "Watchlist" (Under continue watching on the left hand menu) then something has gone wrong.

I suggest that if that's the case, you will have to search for the programmes that you want again (Walking Dead/Hooten and the Lady/Westworld etc.) and when you find the series, go to the episode guide (Just press OK when you see the programme) and go to the right hand side of that page to the orange button "Add to My TV" and press that.....You should then have whatever you have added in "Watchlist"

I hope that helps...To be honest, I'm confusing myself, here!! Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Again thanks for this and I have now done that and that has worked, so hopefully all will be ok now.

thanks again for all your help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey, @Anonymous User No problem at all, I'm just glad it worked.

Hopefully it will but if it doesn't, don't give up and @4268 has kindly flagged this up for the Boffins to have another look at.  Come and report back anytime and I still remember how helpful @Andy was with me, when I first posted on here.....We're not a bad lot. Smiley Wink

All the best!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Just a little "Heads up" from my end....We have "Hooten and the Lady" in "Watchlist" and tonights episode actually went into "Continue Watching" along with "Adventuring with Hooten and the Lady" (5 minute programme, sort of a behind the scene thing) and my good lady Wife is watching it as I type.

Lovely Jubbly, as someone once said (Or "Ippy-kye-aye" if you are a more "Die Hard" fan)...It doesn't always happen but it worked tonight and I hope that it was the same for you.

Fingers crossed, eh? Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Just checked and you are correct, Hooten is now showing in my continue watching.

thanks for all your help👍

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User@4268

Thanks for getting in touch, and for pointing this out!

As mentioned in this thread, for Entertainment the Continue Watching section will usually show you the next episode in the series. For shows on Catch Up, this means they may disappear from the section if no new episode is available or in the system yet.

I've asked for a more detailed explanation of how the section works, and will respond here if I learn anything new. The last thing we want to do is hide things from you! If in doubt, click the Add to My TV button and the show will be included with your Watchlist. 🙂

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh Crikey @Anonymous User Don't get me started on this one Smiley Wink

First things first, welcome to the board and secondly....You are not alone!!

This has been a "Pet Hate" of mine for a while now and you are right, it is quite annoying and does seem to be a new problem, over the past few months or so.  In the "Black Box" and "Entertainment" sections of the board, both @Lindzi and myself have been posting about this and NowTV have been informed, so we might be getting an improvement/update over the next few months.

The "Continue watching" section seems to work fine on Boxsets but it is the "Weekly Catch Up" episodes that sometimes go into "Continue Watching", sometimes don't and sometimes go in, only to disappear without the episode having been watched.  I have said a few times that even though programmes are in "MyTV" and I have watched every episode up to the previous one, the current episode just seems to make it's own arrangements.

I know that this isn't the answer that you are looking for and I'm sorry about that as you do have to "keep searching" for the programmes that you want but if you want to get rid of the "Let's get started" banner, then my advice would be to find a short Boxset and stick it into continue watching (Fast Forward through the first episode) and just leave it there.  Sometimes, I think that maybe if a Boxset or programme is in "Continue Watching", others might find it easier to get in as well.....That's not been proved, it's just a guess.

Failing that, you could always do what I have resorted to doing.....Pen and paper and writing down what night the programme you want to watch is aired, then you can find it via "Catch up" or "My TV"/"Latest episode", later on.

Sorry that I can't be of more help but hopefully things should improve if we get an update.