cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Loss of Continue Watching section on my smart box

Over a month ago the Continue Watching section completely disappeared from my smart box but all my programmes remained in the Watch list and I could view everything. Having contacted CS both online and then via a complaint email I've been left high and dry. They've been totally and utterly useless in trying to resolve the issue!!

I've done everything possible from updates, unplugging (leaving it unplugged for a few days) to factory reset but to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User this has been an issue with me on a few occasions, where the continue watching section disappears for several days and reappears. 

I don't own a Now TV device, as I watch it through the app on my Samsung TV. That being said I assumed it was a glitch and possibly resolved with an app update (although my TV updates everything in the background so I am unaware when apps are updated unless the layout is changed).

Have you tried doing a system reset to set it back to factory settings? This could do the trick and force the app to go back to a working state or getting the latest update. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I've done numerous system resets and unplugged the box over the weeks!!

Elayne
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

With the resets, did you hold the button in for more than 15 seconds? As just blipping it does a reboot, but not a reset.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. Yes I've done several factory resets and had to reload all my info/accounts etc back onto the apps, on the box.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB 

Hi Roy

Just had a simple thought I'd like to run past you:

If the users in this thread are complaining about the Now TV box pictured in my post and, as we all know, it is no longer being made, so could it be possible that this device is only getting incomplete or not specific updates?

Now TV Smart Box with Remote Control.jpg

I guess what I'm trying to say is that as this box is now longer being produced then Roku/Sky/Now TV are probably no longer testing new updates on this device to see if there are any adverse affects. 

My thoughts are only a simple theory, because I do not own this device, but it seems to fit that only Smart Box owners are suffering from vanishing "Continue Watching" facility.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

Highly possible, though it is only @Anonymous User  who has reported this on the Smart Box, and @gavs82008 reports it on the Samsung TV app.

Also, the very latest wizzy-dizzy 4K NowTV box is called the Smart box, so we ought to ask @Anonymous User if this is the one she has, or if she is indeed talking about the older box, the one with the TV tuner built in, which can be recognised by the aerial socket on the back, which no other NowTV box or Stick has? NowTV now call this the ‘Smart Box with Freeview’ to distinguish it from the ‘Smart Box with 4K’.

Something that doesn’t quite work when someone just says ‘Smart box’ Smiley Tongue

Edit: We also have @Anonymous User  reporting nearly the same thing on the Samsung app here:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/NowTV-Losing-Movie-Episode-Progress/m-p/500568#M12544%2Fjump-to%2Ffirst-unread-message

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @RoyB
The box I have is the Smart Now TV Box device number 4500SK.
Before the Continue Watching section disappeared the last update (shown on box) was Jan 31 2019. Obviously because of the number of total factory resets I've undertaken, over the weeks, this date has now changed and is showing May 30th, my last reset.
RoyB
Legend

Thanks @Anonymous User , that’s the old Freeview box that @ukbobboy was thinking it was, so this chimes in with his hypothesis.

Especially if the Samsung TV app is similarly neglected Smiley Tongue

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many thanks @RoyB. I think I need to update my equipment then!