cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pablo7
Scholar

Lipsynching

Voice & pictures not in synch. Have tried reboot & factory restart. I’ve had my Now TV Box incl Boost for several years but never before this problem. HELP!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pablo7
Scholar
Hi L5
Thanks again.
On my TV I’ve just gone on to Now TV/Sports/Sky Sports News & it starts fine but goes out of synch after 3 or 4 secs.
The ‘live’ Aus v SA cricket on Weds was painful, ie commentary wd say wicket has fallen but screen was 4/5 secs behind.
How do I seek help or redress from Now TV in a case like this where my equipment is not fit for purpose?

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Pablo7 

Might be some sort of glitch / bug on the NOW and Roku branded devices where somebody else is getting audio delay when watching live NOW live Sports today.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Roku-Video-lagging-audio-by-2s-after-update/t... 

RoyB
Legend

@Pablo7 

It’s a bug since a very recent Roku update that seems to be affecting only live Sports programmes, and perhaps only some Sports channels.

Now are aware of it, and probably racing to fix it.

When the cause is known, it may be possible to see if it is Now or Roku (for those with a non-Now Roku device) you should seek redress from, and how much, depending on how long this takes to fix.

In the meantime, it would be useful for you to look through the Now T&Cs to see if and where this sort of thing is mentioned.

Good luck!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Pablo7
Scholar
Many thanks again, RoyB(Legend5).

My black box NowTV is oldish & Roku Powered so I will await NowTV’s fix on the Lypsynching problem which still continues as I try to watch live Sky’s Soccer Saturday but will soon give up. Will check their T&C’s too to see what redress I can expect. 🤞
Pablo7
Scholar

Thanks RoyB

colinw
Mentor

If you have an older tv try this.

Home - Settings - Display Type and set it to 720p.

Good Luck

Pablo7
Scholar

Thanks Colin. Do you mean on my tv? Can’t seem to find it. 

colinw
Mentor

On the Nowtv remote press the home button. Go to settings, scroll to Display type, select 720p.

This works on older Panasonic  (and Hanspree) sets.

Pablo7
Scholar

Many thanks, Colin. I finally found the link to 720p & it has solved my Lip Sync problem. Very much appreciated!

Pablo7
Scholar

Oops, I selected ‘Accepted Solution’ by mistake. I’ve still got the lip sync problem. Tech advice from Now suggested during recent uncompleted chat (my fault) as follows;  'You can see the NOW content perfectly on any /android TV of 2016 models and later.' Since mine is a 2014 Panasonic it seems as if my only solution is a new TV. I even used a pin on my Now box to completely reinstall Now plus my internet SpeedTest passed with flying colours. Just hope the lip sync does go away with a new tv. Unless anyone has any other ideas before I rush off to Curry’s. 

Pppp
Advocate

@Pablo7 why is nowtv ######? because it is British and anything british is ###### as are the people. a nation of ######