Is Now tv broadband down?

Is Now broadband down in Hainault?

Anyone experiencing problems?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mridul 

Who is your internet provider is it NOW Broadband or somebody else ? 

Where you might have to contact them, where there could be a possibility there is a batch of IP addresses that are not yet widely on the UK database system.

Seen this happen before, where your ISP can issue an IP address on your Router which has been around a little while longer and is on the NOW recognised IP list.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SRao 

Below are some standard things you can and probably have done before calling the team.

Have you done a factory reset to the router indicated in the link below?https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

This link also shows any planned outages as well wide spread faults.
https://help.nowtv.com/service-status

You need to call the broadband team. See link for number.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Mridul
Mentor

I have been facing issues using NowTV(Firestick app, Mac browser) in Hainault area since today morning despite everything working normally yesterday. It keeps throwing the OVP_00013 error code which says I am using a VPN even though I am not. I have tried everything I could find online and have now been sitting in the waiting page of their web chat for the last hour. Have you found a fix or has your broadband started working normally again?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mridul 

Try powering your router down for around 30 minutes. To give it a full refresh start up.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Mridul
Mentor

Yup, I've done that. Ive also restarted my devices, re-installed the app, signed out and signed in and de-authorised and then re-authorised my firestick but nothing has helped

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mridul 

Who is your internet provider is it NOW Broadband or somebody else ? 

Where you might have to contact them, where there could be a possibility there is a batch of IP addresses that are not yet widely on the UK database system.

Seen this happen before, where your ISP can issue an IP address on your Router which has been around a little while longer and is on the NOW recognised IP list.

Mridul
Mentor

My internet provider is Community Fibre(and uses Linksys routers) and I was planning on contacting them tomorrow to check if it was an issue on their end. However, I found an option on resetting IPs on the Linksys app. After resetting IPs through that, NowTV started working on all my devices. So, it did turn out to be an IP issue but turning off my router and network for 30 minutes was not sufficient to reset the IPs. Thank you for all your help @schnapps 

I am also leaving this answer here in case it helps anyone in the future.

SRao
Advocate

There was an outage that night which was resolved by the provider