cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hopefully simply question

Now tv stick in main tv. Do i need another stick and account to view now tv in kitchen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Simple answer to your question is that you can use your existing NowTV account, but need another supported device such has a nowTV Stick to use on your Kitchen TV (unless you want to keep moving the Stick between televisions which is a pain).

What i would try first to make sure the wifi coverage is fine on the television in your kitchen is to temporarily see if your existing NowTV stick works without wifi issues on your Kitchen TV.

If everything streams fine, then look out for some cheap deals on the NowTV Stick.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Simple answer to your question is that you can use your existing NowTV account, but need another supported device such has a nowTV Stick to use on your Kitchen TV (unless you want to keep moving the Stick between televisions which is a pain).

What i would try first to make sure the wifi coverage is fine on the television in your kitchen is to temporarily see if your existing NowTV stick works without wifi issues on your Kitchen TV.

If everything streams fine, then look out for some cheap deals on the NowTV Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wall mounted tv in kitchen so don't think it would take a stick might have t go down the nowtv box route

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Double check if the Kitchen TV has a side HDMI port or perhaps a HDMI extension fly lead may or may not work with your wall mounted Kitchen TV.

If no joy with the Stick, then maybe consider a Roku Express or Roku Premier that are a small miniature streaming box and has a smaller foot print then a NowTV box (unless you are going to use Ethernet instead of WiFi).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No side hdmi port so splitter ordered and just went for another stick so hopefully that works

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just be careful with a HDMI splitter, because some work and some don't where i have seen people report no sound on their stick or HDCP error messages pop up on their television screen on more than one occasion.

Hopefully the new HDMI splitter will be fine for you and there is also sufficient wifi coverage in your Kitchen where the TV is located for the stick to stream with a stable wifi signal.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Huddy tild me which one was needed so it will be his fault if not compatable lol. Yes wifi routervright next to tv so should be fine. Cheers for the advice