cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Harley Quinn spin off :-)

It's happening DC fans! Harley Quinn is getting her own movie! Woman Very Happy Woman Very Happy

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/margot-robbies-harley-quinn-spinoff-120045941.html

Thoughts?? Smiley Happy

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
21 REPLIES 21
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

A female-centric DC movie sounds great to me ... stick Batgirl and Catwoman in it I say!

image.jpeg

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @caseyb1993 @4268

Guys

I too, like Andy, would like to see a female centric DC animated movie but as the ball was plainly dropped with Batgirl I would like to see them try again but this time with Batwoman at the helm.

However, rather than having a male led team (writing for teenage boys) I would suggest a female writing and directing team that can imagine how super heroines would behave and take down villains of either gender.

Batwoman.jpg

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy I would love to see Poison Ivy reappear. She seems to have been long forgotten. 😞

I'm hoping she may show up in the Harley Quinn movie. 🙂

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Hi Casey

There are two very good female centric DC animated films you may want to watch:

DC Showcase: Catwoman (2011):

DC Showcase - Catwoman.jpg

This is a short film but very good, I certainly enjoyed it and thought that this was the best animated portrayal of this character so far.

The other film you might like is Wonder Woman (2009):

Wonder Woman.jpg

This is a full animated feature film and, I believe, one of DC's best.

And you know, since DC can produce such very good animated films then why on earth would they portray Batgirl, in the Killing Joke, in such an unheroic way.

As for Poison Ivy, I hope that DC appoints the right people to portray, write for and direct this character in a manner appropriate to a Gotham super villain.

Poison Ivy.jpg

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Hi again Casey

Just a snippet of info for you, Poison Ivy is going to be in season 3 of Gotham, don't know which episode yet but it is a safe bet because Fox are ramping up the mata-human villain content of the show.

Poison Ivy02.jpg

UK Bob

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy,

It looks like Maggie Geha is playing the character. Currently she's mentioned in episodes 2 and 4 😉

ukbobboy
Legend

@SeeMoreDigital

Cheers SMD

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @SeeMoreDigital Thank you both 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Meeehhhhhhhhhh, there was nothing wrong with Clare Foley's Ivy from seasons 1 and 2, I liked the way she was portrayed.

Now we have to accept some cooked-up plot point in order to have another "sexy lady" in the show. If they wanted a "sexy lady" there's 101 other DC characters they could have brought in without us having to buy into a misfit 10 year old suddenly becoming a 20-odd year old seductress, pouting over Jim Gordon and inappropriately riffing off still-teenager Bruce Wayne. She'll be drawing her pension by the time Bruce becomes Batman.

image.jpeg

I want old (young) Poison Ivy back! *stomps off*