cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RG1
Observer

Disney app

Hi,

my Disney app used to work, it suddenly won’t open. I have a black Roku system box. I have tried updating software & tried uninstalling & reinstalling. Any ideas anyone? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RG1 

What about a power reboot on both your NOW box and Router.

Also try a forced software update by pressing the Home button on the remote 5 times, quickly by pressing the Fast Forward button 3 times, then quickly pressing the Rewind button 2 times (update the software even if on the same version number).

Only factory reset the NOW box if you subscribe to NOW, otherwise you will either have start a NOW Membership or NOW free trial such has Hayu to get the NOW Box up and running again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RG1 

What about a power reboot on both your NOW box and Router.

Also try a forced software update by pressing the Home button on the remote 5 times, quickly by pressing the Fast Forward button 3 times, then quickly pressing the Rewind button 2 times (update the software even if on the same version number).

Only factory reset the NOW box if you subscribe to NOW, otherwise you will either have start a NOW Membership or NOW free trial such has Hayu to get the NOW Box up and running again.

RG1
Observer

Thank you, i’ll give that a go 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RG1 

No guarantee it will work, but those are the things I would try.

Hope you get it sorted.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RG1 

Also when you say you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling I am assuming it's the Disney Plus App itself from the NOW My Apps and Apps Store section on your NOW box ?

RG1
Observer

Hi, yes on Disney App In the App Store section