cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boost

So disappointed with NOWTV that they are charging £5 per month on top of everything else just so that users can watch on more than one device.  Been a member now for 8 years, spent a fortune, been a valued customer but it's not enough for them.  Just another way to make more money!  How many homes have only one person watching at any one time?  And just in time for the school holidays when the kids will be watching during the day too...  Well I'll have to set up a rota then 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Down to "cancelling" my memberships and 9/10 getting discounts thrown at me. 

If I don't, then I try it another day. 

Can't remember the last time I paid full price for movies and entertainment. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
MortimerJazz
Mentor

Ah @RoyB I was trying to thank you for your reply to my post, but Sky/Now deleted it without telling me (presumably because it was overly critical of my Boost experience - that speaks volumes). I’m sure they’ll delete this too, but anyway, before they do, thanks for your suggestions!

RoyB
Legend

Hi @MortimerJazz 

I don’t think your posting has been deleted deliberately. Now seem to have introduced a new look for the Community, possibly deliberately, possibly by accident* (it wouldn’t be the first time!) and vast tracts of postings, including many of my own, have gone missing.

Either the change is disastrous, or I don’t understand the new way things work, or both.

*The YouView Community would occasionally change to a weird ‘skin’ on this iPad, and I thought this might have happened here, and it be a local fault for me, but checking on my laptop, it’s the same 😢

@Simon-J Help! @Simon-J 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Cancel is your friend like @RoyB says which is why I’m only paying £2 and have been for the last 18 months for boost.

In the grand scheme of it I’m paying a combined £12 for entertainment, cinema and boost. Which is not bad when you compare them against the shocking full prices.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RoyB 

Yes, we've made an update to the Community today, as part of that we've moved some boards around and removed some of the categories (nothing has been deleted though) - however these changes are being very slow to update, so we're seeing some things disappear temporarily.

RoyB
Legend

@MortimerJazz @Simon-J 

I’m pleased to report that the posting I reported missing is now back where it was before.

@MortimerJazz 

If your posting is still missing, click your avatar, top right above, open My Profile, scroll to the bottom, and check Drafts,

Sometimes, things I think I have posted haven’t quite responded to my pressing Reply, if indeed I pressed it at all, but the Community software saves them as Drafts, so I can go back and revisited them, and decide still to send them, or just Delete them, if the moment has passed.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.