cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GLR
Scholar

Re: What's with the adverts?!

I have one box set to finish, then I'm out. I will not renew the subscription. I'm not paying a subscription and suffering advertisements.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@GLR 

Check the post directly above from yours for an explanation on “adverts”.

0 Thanks
Gaby16
Observer

Yes why? I don't expect to have adverts unless I'm watching the live programs. Very annoying

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gaby16 

Have mentioned this up thread on the second page.

Just the way Comcast want to do things with Sky, nothing we can do unfortunately.

0 Thanks
RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

@gavs82008 @Gaby16 

Something we can always do is to employ bi-pedal preference indication….

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’ on it
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
MartinB111
Advocate

Advertisements, deteriorating content, and increasing prices.  No thank you.

I just cancelled my subscription.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MartinB111 

In the coming months Peacock will be added to NOW which contains a ton of NBC programming. 
Will be part of the entertainment membership at no extra cost. 

0 Thanks
Fwaffy
Mentor

It's just standard Sky, driven by pure greed. That's why they have the packages which their cover story is that it allows you to choose what you want to watch. In truth, separate packages enable Sky to extract as much money as possible from you, especially if you want sports. Entertainment package, that'll be £9.99, have kids, give us more cash.....want sports just give us the entire contents of your bank account!!!!

They offer the minimum content they can for the most expensive subscription of any service I use. And now they are getting even more greedy and forcing adverts onto us despite us actually paying for the service. Are they reducing the subscription, hell no.

RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Fwaffy 

Please get it right…..

Entertainment package, that'll be £9.99, have kids, give us more [exactly the same amount of ] cash

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’ on it
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Fwaffy
Mentor

OK, reel your neck in.

So I hadn't realised NowTV had dropped the kids package......but it was a thing. My point is still valid.

Want TV shows, £9.99

Want movies, £9.99

Sports is laughable. from £9.99

Want to watch in HD, guess what, that'll cost you an extra £5.00. 

Their app is clunky, their control over what devices you can actually watch NowTV on is bemusing as they don't put the effort in to allow the app on every device (unlike Netflix, Disney+, Amazon, Youtube, BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, UKTV, etc etc). Basically NowTV extract as much cash as possible but put as little effort in as possible.