cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Suggest Your Ideas for NOW TV Here!!!

This dedicated thread is for users to suggest ways to improve the NOW TV service that aren’t already in the Ideas Board.

Idea.png

Any ideas for improving NOW TV are welcome, and if the NOW TV Team especially like any of the ideas and think they could work you may be lucky and have your idea moved into the Ideas Board for others to vote on it. 

Please reply to this post with any ideas you have, and if you like any of the ideas do reply and let us know, and give them thanks if you agree.

Thanks to @Anonymous User for requesting this thread.

63 REPLIES 63
Anonymous User
Not applicable

An attraction of the Roku hardware is the one remote does all feature, eliminating the need to scramble for several remotes to control the TV and connected device(s).

However, NOW TV (although good value) has a limited channel offering. At moments where programming and VOD does not include desired content, one still has to reach for the TV remote and or the remote for the free to air channel platform and switch between the two.

TVPlayer have launched their app on the same hardware NOW TV is based upon and includes a broad selection of channels available on the Freeview service.

I understand that purchasing a Roku device would provide this functionality, but it would be an attractive enhancement of the NOW TV experience if free to air channels could be packaged on to one platform where streaming is the least intrusive deployment of TV services in dwellings.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The nowtv smart box offers the Freeview channels and the Netflix App is also coming this year to the nowtv branded boxes Smiley Happy

I wished my smart box had the same remote features buttons has the new nowtv smart stick (by means of controlling the smart box over IR, but suppose that how technology involves with newer introduced Tech).

I find the TV standby on / off and volume adjust control buttons on my Roku Stick Plus are useful buttons to have, saving me picking up the TV remote when using or watching any Apps in the Roku Channel Store.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there Andy! I know, that I might have said this bofore, but I sent a message on Facebook, about NOW TV CLASSICSI have some ideas that would be great to see and watch! These are TV Programmes, that we all use to watch years ago, but they are no long on TV! The main tital would be called! NOW TV CLASSICS! He are the list of TV programmes, that I would love to see again! AIRWOLF, KNIGHT RIDER, STREET HAWK, MANIMAL, AUTO-MAN, TORCHWOOD, CHARMED and XENA: WARRIOR PRINCESS! These are just some of the programmes, that I can this of that the moment, that I would love to watch on NOW TV! I would love to see all FREEVIEW CHANNELS, CABLE TV CHANNELS, here on the NOW TV BOX and STICK! There would be more cost involved, but it would be worth it, and you would hve to have bigger memory! I would also like to have Facebook, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, Oulook, basicly the whole internet! If any one thinks, that these a good ideas or not, I would like to know, so, please leave you comments! If there is anything, that I have missed, the also let me know! Thank you. Remember, this is just an IDEA!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For the Classics I suppose it all depends on whether Sky would have the rights to show these programmes. If you don't have the rights you can't broadcast them.

Hardly likely you're going to get access to cable tv channels from a competitor on any NowTV product (I wouldn't think so anyway).

Re the 'whole internet'. Unless Roku were to go down that route (again extremely unlikely as there just wouldn't be the demand for it) then it's not going to come to NowTV boxes/sticks. The important thing to remember is that NowTV devices are 'Roku powered', they are just stripped down versions of similar Roku models which aren't as 'closed' a system as Sky have made NowTV labelled devices.

To get access to much more than what NowTV offer on their boxes you could take a look here for some ideas of what's available on Roku devices https://www.roku.com/en-gb/whats-on

chai
Scholar 3

Display the age rating (U, PG, 12, 15, 18) in the Watch Live channels programme details on NOW TV hardware

Although almost all the on demand shows on the Movies and Entertainment packages include the age rating in the programme details, when watching the same shows on the Watch Live channels the age rating is not displayed either in the Now & Next or when clicking on Program Info.

The inclusion of age ratings when viewing live movie channels would be particularly useful as the movie channels do not have a traditional watershed, and currently if you miss the on-screen age rating before the start of the movie you have no way of knowing what it actually is.

I think this feature should be possible because on the odd occasion I have used the NOW TV app on my Android phone, the age rating was actually displayed for the Watch Live channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To my knowledge the Android phone and all other smart phones, would have the age rating displayed, as nearly all kids this day have mobile phone and you would need to have the age rating set, but home devices do ot show the rge rating, but the age rating should be set for all devices, but you can set a perental control on home deivces and set a pasword up, to prevent kids watching programmes, that they should not be watching!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@chai Great idea - you are right they appear on the mobile apps, should be easy enough to implement on other apps.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Good suggestion @Anonymous User thanks! I'd still like the free to air channels to remain accessible if you don't have a pass, but placing streaming versions within the app or as a separate app on the box would be good.

(posted to change title back to suggest your ideas)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The reason i said that fTA channels to be available only for paying customers is in order to maintain a quality of service....

my suggestion is who ever has a pass will also have access to the major FTA channels... sky is not a charity at the end of the day...

further not all devices have a freeview tuner...

i hate using different apps all the time and change remote controls... all the time... my home has become remotecontrol nightmare.... i only want to use players only for catch up...

Thank you 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

TVPlayer should be made available by Sky on their sticks/boxes as the app is already available on Roku sticks/boxes so the infrastructure is there to accomodate the app. 

I don't see why FTA channels should ONLY be available to Sky paying customers. They are called 'FTA' because they are FREE. It has nothing to do with 'sky not being a charity' as Sky have no stake in FTA channels (except Pick) and have no financial interest in them.

You could look into purchasing a Logitech Harmony remote (they come in all price ranges) to replace all those remotes that are cluttering up your house. I've been using one for years as I've that many remotes I think I've forgotten what half of them are for Smiley LOL