cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Forum Style changes - Links Issue

I noticed recently that there has been some overhaul of the style of the forums. However the new updated style makes seeing links in topics/posts almost im possible.

Links have been made to render in the same format as standard text and the only way you can tell where a link is now is if your hovering your mouse over one, at which point it will underline. On a touch device you have no mouse so you can not see them at all.. and to make it worse you can often active a link by mistake when touching the screen to scroll up and down the pages.

Example of how the links look like:

www.nowtv.com

This is a link

However they should stand out (like they used to):

www.nowtv.com

This is a link

It is coomaon practise in web standards to make the links stand out for obvious reasons (mostly for the reasons i stated above). I guess it's probally just an ovesight/error in the updated CSS but i think it does need to be rectified.

3 REPLIES 3
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

This issue has been reported to @Karl-F and it will get fixed but the website changes were made a day or two before a bank holiday weekend that means there is no nobody around to fix the issue so it probably won't get fixed until after the bank holiday.

for now you will need to alter the styling of links manually using the options on the rich text editor which is what I have started doing

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6

That's good to hear, I just wanted to make sure it had been reported and was known about.

Yep started doing that myself, as I did above in my example. Tried the html editor first but it stripped my style tags hehe ( which of course is a good thing).
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for raising this @Anonymous User

We will get this looked into. 

Thanks, 

Karl