cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stick/Message saying power isn't plugged in

Hi,

I received my new Now Stick in September and all was fine until this Sunday when it showed a message saying that it needed to be plugged into the power supply. It was already plugged in using the plug and cable supplied. The screen the went blank except the tv's message that it is receiving no input. I have tried it on the other tv with no luck and I have tried the reset button. That has not helped either.

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To test the Stick, micro to USB cable and AC / DC adapter plug that came in the box packing, does any of your televisions have a USB port rated at 5vdc 0.9A or 1A ?

If so try the USB port off your television and if you have a spare USB to micro USB cable lying around the house then try a different cable as well ?

Should you haven't got a suitable USB port on your television, then if you a USB 5VDC 1A or higher phone charger or tablet charger see if that temporary works with the Stick.

If none of the above works, before getting back in touch with the Retailer, maybe try a full factory reset again on the Stick by holding the reset button on the Stick for about 15 seconds whilst the Stick and TV is switched on.

Otherwise get in touch with the Retailer who supplied the Stick and ask for a replacement or refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks

I will have to check the tvs for usb when I get in.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you have a newer modern TV with two or three USB ports, then i would imagine one of them would be rated at 5V DC 900 Ma or 0.9A for power to the Stick.

Should you have a suitable USB port on the television and the same message is still showing on the Stick, see if you have another USB to Micro USB cable lying around your home (just in case the cable is faulty).

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s possible that the power supply (plug) or cable have failed.  So there are a couple of things you could try. If your tv has a usb socket that can give 1 amp, plug the stick into that. Any phone charger that gives at least 1 amp will do as well. If none of those options work, try any charging cable with a micro-usb connector. 

If you can try all of the above and let us know which one, if any, works then if you subsequently decide to return the stick, you’ll know which failed part to complain about. 

I see @schnapps beat me to it.