cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowhere smart stick won’t work

So last night it started to freezer which was weird as ive only had it for 2 months. Came home today from work and it won’t work at all. Done a hard reset but wants to pair remote that seems to be already paired.

please help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Was that a full factory reset or just switching the power off on the stick ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box-stick

Maybe see if anything in these trouble shooting steps work on your stick.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

I used the now tv box for 4 years with few issues, just occasional buffering and having to keep changing the batteries in the remote however the stick has been nothing but problematic. 
I have contacted the retailer so hopefully they will be able to help as I’m paying a lot of money for something I can’t even watch! 
I appreciate your advice though, much more helpful than the now tv help bot which sent me round in circles! 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Is that the Physmo app on the iOS App Store? That’s a third-party app and not an official NowTV one. Not that there is an official NowTV one, but the official Roku one works fine.

Beware of the unofficial Roku ones though, especially the ones that charge. No need for those.

If the Physmo one doesn’t work, you can ‘return’ it to the App Store and get your 99p back. Though this is less about the money than letting the developer know you have a problem with his app; so you might just want to get in touch via the link in the App Store; perhaps he will fix it, for you and for the benefit of other NowTV users who might buy it.

I always find App developers very open to constructive comments, and the ‘you are here’ dot on the weather app we use is now bright yellow, instead of the white that vanished in cloud, thanks to feedback my wife gave the developer about this.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.