cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound problem - bass echo/reverb (male voices)

I'm having an annoying problem with the sound quality from the NowTV box going through a Yamaha AV Receiver. I noticed while watching The Trip, which is obviously very dialogue heavy, that male voices have an irritating echo/reverb to them. Now I have noticed the same while watchign movies, any character with a deep voice will resonate. It's really annoying, so much so that I have stopped watching content on Now TV and will probably cancel. 

When I switch to Amazon Fire stick, the sound is perfect. 

So now I have gone from loving Now TV to hating it. 

Anyone else having this problem? Is it a known issue? 

6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm having an annoying problem with the sound quality from the NowTV box going through a Yamaha AV Receiver....

Hi @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV service currently offers 2 channel (stereo) audio only, so it you're hearing "echos" you'll need to tweak something on your Yamaha receiver.

And make sure your TV speakers are not passing any audio 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm playing my Now TV through my PC speakers and am getting reverb on voices. I have tried to different PCs and the problem is the same on both. Really annoying and if not fixed will not be continuing to subscribe

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm playing my Now TV through my PC speakers and am getting reverb on voices. I have tried to different PCs and the problem is the same on both. Really annoying and if not fixed will not be continuing to subscribe

When did this start happening @Anonymous User?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I joined yesterday and it has been there since joining 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I joined yesterday and it has been there since joining 

Thanks and are you playing via Internet Explorer yeah?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use chrome, but have installed the now tv app