cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote not working

Hi just looking if anyone can help

My now tv snarl remote isn’t connecting to my stick, I’ve tried 3 different sticks with the correct remotes and non are connecting. I’ve tried turning power off and taking batteries out of remote but still nothing I’m just wondering if the stick needs to be connected to Internet for remote to work? If not what else can I try

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

On the smart nowtv remotes (apart from the TV standby & volume buttons) all other buttons work via direct wifi.

So for the stick to communicate with the smart remote you need an active wifi signal on your Router and to physically use the stick you need the internet for it to run any of the Apps including NowTV.

If your internet is working you could try using the free Roku Remote App from your smartphone Apps Store instead of the supplied NowTV remote.

Also you could try repairing the remote by following these instructions.

When pairing the remote with the stick, move the remote closer to where the stick is located and ideally setup the stick on a television in the closest room in your home where your Router is located.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also i would try using the mains power adapter that came supplied with the stick, instead of taking the power from the USB port on your television.

When using the stick, make sure that the mains power adapter is switched on and providing power to the stick (you will be surprised how many people think the power adapter works like a phone charger and when using the stick they unplug the adapter when in use which won't work).

If you get the stick running, then you can try using your television usb port to power the stick afterwards, where the USB port needs to be 5vdc 1A.