cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Pause or Rewind on all live tv

Hi there

ive just bought the smart box after coming away from SKY and chose this box over its cheaper brother because of the pause and rewind and ff feature

only having the box for 2or3 days now at first all worked fine but today the pause rew and ff is not woking on LIVE tv

seems like all the live stuff is not working bbc itv ect ect

but all seems ok when i play a movie or a boxset i can pause rew ff and is ok but not live tv

NOTICED when i try to pause live tv i see the LED flicker on the box so i know its picking up the remote signal 

things ive done include

1 turn off turn on box                 = x

2 pull power plug                        = x

3 tried to do a system update = x

4 done a hard reset and entered all details of account and that too is = x

can some of you good folk please help a nowtv nooby out and shed some light as to why this is happening

many thanks

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The Live Pause function for the Freeview channels together with the NowTV live channels works by the inbuilt memory inside the smart box, where the pausing fast forward or rewind operation from NowTV catch up, boxsets or on demand movies is not done by the box internal memory, but at NowTV end on their servers.

It sounds to me that the smart box internal buffer memory for some unknown reason is not functioning correctly ?

If it still happening, then i would suggest speaking to nowtv live chat where they may get their technical department to contact you back to help you further.

Click on the link below to contact live chat or alternatively you can send them an email.