cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freeview stops working when internet goes down?

Very frustrating and nowtv chat could not help me, useless!

i have 2 now tv boxes in my house, both have the freeview feature, both are connected to the same internet connection.

today my internet went down, one box is still showing freeview channels and guide no problem, the other box isn’t. My internet could be down for a few days. Nowtv chat only suggestion was to reset the box but you need an internet connection to set it back up, I must have explained this 4 or 5 times.

any ideas why this is happening? Clearly the freeview is available without an internet connection because I have it on one box still.

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Like you have rightly pointed out, you shouldn't factory reset the nowtv smart box generation 1 if you want to carry on using the over the air Freeview TV channels because like you said you need an internet connection to re setup the box.

I have used and tested the NowTV smart box gen1 with no Internet connection and like you have said the Freeview element of the box still works.

Don't know why one of your smart boxes is not working over Freeview, where i can only suggest switching the box off at the power mains for about a minute or maybe try a retune of the TV stations in the box menu settings to see if that kicks start the box back to life.

Out of curisoity why don't you temporary use the Freeview channels on your inbuilt TV tuner or is it because you need HD Freeview or the Live Pause TV from the NowTV smart box ?