cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't access now tv app

Trying to use the now tv app on my smart box and it's saying

'upgrade to get back into NOW TV! Sorry but this version of now tv is no longer able to be supported. Please update by going to Settings.'

I've tried updating the box multiple times but no update is showing I've also tried to manually check for updates, any help would be appreciated? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yep your NOW TV app is quite a bit out of date, the current version for the release (I see you've also got trial apps by the look of it) is 3.7.88

I'd recommend doing a factory reset as that's the easiest way of getting the update server settings back to normal. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Never heard anyone with that message before, sounds as if for some reason the box hasn't been updating. The only thing I can think of is that the update server settings may have been changed. A factory reset should reset this and allow apps to update correctly again.

Before you try that though can you press the home button on your remote to get to the homescreen, wait a couple of seconds and then press HOMEx3 UPx2 LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT. If done correctly this should bring up a list of installed apps, can you check the version of the NOW TV app you have installed and let us know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

IMG_20170119_1411106_rewind.jpgIMG_20170119_1415012_rewind.jpg

don't know if this is how you upload pictures but thought I'd try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

it's also saying the last update was at 11.54am so it apparently has updated 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yep your NOW TV app is quite a bit out of date, the current version for the release (I see you've also got trial apps by the look of it) is 3.7.88

I'd recommend doing a factory reset as that's the easiest way of getting the update server settings back to normal. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for your help just to check this won't delete any of the trail apps? 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It shouldn't do, those trial apps should be linked to your account. My trial apps download again during a factory reset.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've done the factory reset unfortunately it is now stuck between the purple now tv start up screen and the lets get started page, it's just alternating between the 2 screens every minute or so, tried a different now tv remote incase it was the remote and I've switched the box off and on again and pressed the reset button underneath, going to leave it a few minutes and try again.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not letting me do anything 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It eventually let me sign back in, everything is up and running and updated, thanks very much for your help appreciated 🙂