cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Port mapping/redirecting

Hello there Community,

Juist got my NowTV router up and running today and have been trying to figure out how to redirect ports as i have a few machines that use the same ports which i would like to be able to access remotly with different ports externally.

Has anyone else had any experience setting up ports for this rather than the standard port forwarding?

My router model is NR701

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello there Community,

Juist got my NowTV router up and running today and have been trying to figure out how to redirect ports as i have a few machines that use the same ports which i would like to be able to access remotly with different ports externally.

Has anyone else had any experience setting up ports for this rather than the standard port forwarding?

My router model is NR701

@Anonymous User

Hi Zedd 🙂

With port forwarding as it involves unlocking parts of the router it can make the security of the router vulnerable so it isnt something we would recommend doing. 

There are some steps we have on how to do it but it would depend on the device you are using to set it up and cannot guarentee this will work. Below we have included a disclamer we advise on reading before attempting the steps we have and if it doesnt work you can always have a look on the likes of google for more tips that may work.

We hope this helps 🙂

The Now TV Team

Disclaimer of liability

NOW TV does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the information provided in this help note, which is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute advice. NOW TV hereby excludes its liability for any and all losses, damage, costs, claims and expenses arising from in connection with the port-forwarding feature and / or its use including without limitation for any loss, of data or service. Nothing in this article shall exclude NOW TV’s liability for personal injury or death caused by NOW TV’s negligence.

Set up port forwarding

1. Open a new web browser window and delete the contents of the address bar.
  2. Type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar and press Enter. You'll see the NOW TV Hub menu.
  3. Enter the username and password.
  • Default username: admin
  • Default password: nowtv
  • If these have been changed, enter the current username and password.
  1. Click Advanced followed by LAN TCP/IP Setup.
  2. Click Add under Address Reservation, choose the device the traffic should be forwarded to by selecting the appropriate radio button and take note of the IP it's assigned. Switching off devices you don't want to set up port forwarding on will reduce the list, making it easier to find devices by their device name.
  3. Click Add. The router may request a restart. Click OK and allow the reset to complete before continuing.
  4. Go to Security and click Create Firewall Rules (you may need to Log into the router again) then click Add under Inbound Services.

If the service you want to allow access through the firewall's already on the list, select it and continue to step 14.

1. If the service isn't on the list, go to Services and select Add Custom Service.
  2. On the Services - Add Custom Service - Port Forwarding page enter the:
  • name for the service
  • protocol type for the port (TCP / UDP or both)
  • port range (start and finish port).
  1. Select Apply then choose Create Firewall Rules and select Add under Inbound Services.
  2. Under Service , select the custom service that you've added from the dropdown then under Action, select ALLOW always.
  3. Under Send to LAN Server enter the IP address of the attached device the traffic should be forwarded to (e.g. PC or games console). This will be the IP address you took note of earlier.
  4. Click Apply to save your changes.

Problems setting up port forwarding

If there are problems setting up the port forwarding, check:

• all of the ports you need are forwarded.
  • the right protocol is in use.
  • any other active firewalls on your home PC (such as McAfee, Norton or Windows Firewall) may also need port forwarding set up.

Adding a new port forwarding rule may prevent the router from working properly. If this happens:

1. Disable the new rule in Check Firewall Rules by unchecking Enable.
  2. Select the radio button next to the rule then click Delete.
  3. Reset the Hub to default factory settings by holding down the Reset button on the back of the Hub for 10 seconds, until the power light flashes.

Factory resetting will revert the Hub back to its default settings, removing all changes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply however my question was in regards to port mapping or redirecting and not "port forwarding" 

Z