cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NOW TV Team Stephen-L
NOW TV Team

Re: NOWTV box wont let me sign in

Hi, 

Really sorry to hear some of you are still having issues connecting your boxes.

Could I ask what type of internet router you are using and which provider? 

Let us know and we'll try and help further.

Kindest

Steve

NOW TV Team 

0 Thanks
morbias
Occasional Poster

Hi Steve, I have a sagemcom router supplied by the provider, and I'm with sky and use the same account for both sky and now tv.
But it doesn't appear to be a connection problem. It connects fine but won't let me log in to my account.
0 Thanks
Sabrina-M
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi Morbias,

It may be worth setting up a new Sky ID for your NOW TV account and Box as this could be the reason you're having trouble setting up your NOW TV Box.

Do you currently have any active subscriptions?

Thanks,

Sabrina

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
morbias
Occasional Poster

Hi, yes I do have active subscriptions for the next 4 months or so, which is why I can't go setting up another account, plus I also use the same account for my Sky broadband and phone so I don't particularly want more than one Sky account. Even if I did set up another account just for now tv, what guarantee is there that it won't happen again? It was working fine to start with (not counting all the times the service went down) so what's to stop it happening again with another account?
0 Thanks
Michael-H
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi Morbias,

Thanks for getting in touch with your post. Sorry to hear that you're having log in issues.

Could you try logging out of any other Sky related accounts and then try signing into your NOW TV account once again.

This should resolve the ongoing issue experienced.

We hope that this helps.

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
morbias
Occasional Poster

Ah yeah, I forgot to put that in the list of things I've already tried. ..

Nope it doesn't help at all
0 Thanks
Ranj-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

@morbias Thanks for posting

Sorry that your problems still persist. Can you let us know the last time you were able to log in to any of the 2 boxes please?

When you are logged in does content playout without any issues?

Regards

Ranj

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
morbias
Occasional Poster

Hi, the last time the box logged in was either the 7th or 8th of this month. Android devices log in and stream content fine, the boxes won't let me log in at all.
0 Thanks
morbias
Occasional Poster

An update for those people having the same problem; so I bit the bullet and signed up for another account and both boxes are working perfectly fine. Tech support gave me a voucher code for the time remaining on my subscriptions to use with the new account so I haven't lost out.

It seems ridiculous to me that nobody knows what causes this problem or how to fix it, I just hope this new account doesn't end up with the same problem.

So, to sum it up, if you are getting the unknown error then contact tech support, tell them you want to start a new account, ask them to give you a voucher code for your remaining subscription and cancel your automatic payments.

Don't contact them expecting them to fix the problem because it won't happen, it will be a total waste of your time. As it is, I have lost 3 weeks trying to get this fixed, and also have not been able to use the service either. I'm not going to watch it on a tablet, so as far as I'm concerned I've paid for 3 weeks I haven't even used.

As nice as it is to have it working again, my tv has decided today would be the day it was going to blow up.

FML
0 Thanks
BOBZY
First Poster

Re: why does my now tv box not recognise username and or password

IM HAVING TROUBLE SIGNING IN TO MY NOW TV BOX . IT BEEN PAYED FOR AND WEVE HAD IT SINCE MARCH. LAST BILL CAME OFF 18 SEPT . WE HADNT WATCHED THE LITTLE THING FOR 3 MONTHS BUT KEPT PAYING FOR IT REGARDLESS BUT ALAS IT WONT SIGN IN TO NOW TV HOWEVER I CAN GET DEMAND 5 AND OTHER CHANNELS. UNHAPPY

0 Thanks