cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

YouTube app - search

When I am entering a name to search for in the NowTV YouTube app the left/right/up/down buttons sometimes jump 2 or 3 extra letters at a time.  This has only just started (early Jun 2019).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like there is a possible glitch with the YouTube App on your NowTV Box.

If it was just one button, then i would have said maybe there is a chance that some dust or dirt got underneath the remote button.

Haven't noticed this myself on my NowTV 4K smart box, but to be honest i am not a heavy user when it comes to using the YouTube App search engine feature.

I am guessing you have tried removing the YouTube App from the box and doing a New fresh App install from the box Apps Store ?

Out of curiosity have you tried the free Roku Remote App from your smartphone Apps Store to see if the YouTube App does the same thing with regards to the directional keys on the YouTube search section when using the Roku Remote App with your phone ?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like there is a possible glitch with the YouTube App on your NowTV Box.

If it was just one button, then i would have said maybe there is a chance that some dust or dirt got underneath the remote button.

Haven't noticed this myself on my NowTV 4K smart box, but to be honest i am not a heavy user when it comes to using the YouTube App search engine feature.

I am guessing you have tried removing the YouTube App from the box and doing a New fresh App install from the box Apps Store ?

Out of curiosity have you tried the free Roku Remote App from your smartphone Apps Store to see if the YouTube App does the same thing with regards to the directional keys on the YouTube search section when using the Roku Remote App with your phone ?