cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NO HDMI PORT ON MY TV :(:(

Does anyone know if you can use a HDMI to SCART adapter with the now tv black box?

Thankyou in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

In short yes you can...

However, the sound and image quality produced by many of these 'HDMI to (composite video) Scart converters' is often very poor, as the budget devices tend to use the same digital to analogue converter chip-sets/electronics.

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

In short yes you can...

However, the sound and image quality produced by many of these 'HDMI to (composite video) Scart converters' is often very poor, as the budget devices tend to use the same digital to analogue converter chip-sets/electronics.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankyou for your response!

Would you recommend maybe getting a slightly more expensive one? Or would a £15 one be sufficient..

Thanks again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi I've been wanting to ask the same as my dad's tv hdmi port doesn't work he has the white now tv box and I've seen the av (red yellow white) leads with hdmi lead on the end would that work? I no the av lead with headphone jack on the other end works with the white boxes just not sure if it will work with the av/hdmi lead thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
... just not sure if it will work with the av/hdmi lead thanks

Hi @Anonymous User,

It's quite unsual for a TV's HDMI port to fail. But if it has then yes, an 'HDMI to (composite video) Scart converter' will work!

Just-so everyone knows... Don't get fooled into buying an AV to HDMI lead, as such products are unable to convert digital audio & video signals into analogue audio & video signals. They are all 'bogus' products!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ahh so they av to hdmi is not good this is what I was going to purchase so glad I didn't I've seen now sell the av lead so may stick with that although the av to scart is an idea I hadn't thought of thanks very much for your advice