cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My ' Recently Watched' just spins endlessly - so does my Recently Added in Movie section?

For the past few weeks the section 'My TV - Recently Watched' does not show anything.  Instead I get the four coloured balls spinning endlessly.  I have rebooted the box, rebooted my modem and nothing changes.  

Also when I go to MOVIES nothing happens but if I press OK then it takes me to the list of 'Recently Added', 'Oscar Winners' etc etc BUT again I get the coloured spinning balls for Recently Added and nothing ever shows up.  The other categories are OK.

I use the 'My TV - Recently Watched' a lot and it's very frustrating that it just doesnt work now.  Any advice on how to rectify this please?

68 REPLIES 68
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

None of the options given apply to me, so which should I go through? It gives me wireless, picture, sound and box has never worked :s
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

True! I don't think it really matters, how about picking picture then click no on the next page, then choose nowtv.com as the place you bought it and you'll be able to enter serial number 🙂 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Hehe, that's exactly what I did 😉

To my amazement it seems the box is still under warranty after all (pretty sure it must be cutting it close though) so I'm glad I checked now.

Thanks for the link!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

May seem an odd question but do boxes that are connected on the same network have the ability to communicate with each other in any way shape or form?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Raevelyn

I'm a white box owner and, although not a technician, I've been around computers and computerised equipment long enough to get a pretty good read on what they can and cannot do, so unless told otherwise this is what I see.

The Now TV boxes can communicate with your modem/router and, as such, get their IP addresses from that router or a DHCP server, if you have one.  And the boxes can communicate with your TV, it's remote control or any other device that can stand in for it's RC.  The boxes also "phone home" from time to time in order to get updates, e.g. new firmware, get new channels, ditch old ones, etc.

However, the boxes are not designed to talk to each other, after all what would be the point?

But Raevelyn, I stand to be corrected if someone can say that Now TV boxes do talk to each other and provide a reason for such a facility.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is really getting silly now, My black is now crashing all the time on the home screen! It just stops working, totally frozen up. I can press the remote, the box's light blinks - nothing happens. I can not navigate the menus at all - it does nothing! Even the clock stops and shows the incorrect time.. unplugging it doesnt work, pin in the hole will reboot it to work for a short while then it freezes again.

Seriously fed up - 2 boxes niether working correctly and now as it stands the barley working white one is more usable than the black one /sigh 😞

@ukbobboy Yep that was my understanding also (im also in I.T.). I know the boxes sync some things for instance if you remove or add an app then that app will be added/removed on all boxes. I assume that this information is saved on the NowTV server though via your account. As to what would be the point of boxes communicating, well exactly that, synronising settings, bookmark, sagring updates etc on third party apps, many devices do this these days. Their was a genuine reason for asking anyway, i'm still looking into it and testing things.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Raevelyn

You said: "I know the boxes sync some things for instance if you remove or add an app then that app will be added/removed on all boxes. I assume that this information is saved on the NowTV server though via your account."

Yes, I would agree that your Now TV boxes "phone home" and sync up via Now TV's servers.

You also said: "Their was a genuine reason for asking anyway".

Well, I'm sorry if what I said came off as being sarcastic, i.e. "after all what would be the point?", that was not my intent and I will admit I should have worded that question a bit better.

You see, I like to foster debates where we, as forum members, may learn from each other, not cause animosity and friction.

Finally, you said: "I'm still looking into it and testing things".

Well, I hope you do find out that Now TV boxes do communicate within their own network.

Good luck.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy Nothing you said was taken in a negative manner 😛

I dont beleive the boxes do communicate with each other directly over the network either i just wanted to be sure. But i know they do communicate via your account, just not sure how much. The only reason i was asking is to eliminate it a cause as i have noticed some things which is in regard to the issue disscused in this thread but like i said still testing or well trying to but neither of my boxes want to play nicely just now 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

@Simon-J

The black box is still having issues with the Now TV app and the watchlist/recently watched and other UI errors.

Additionaly as i posted above the homescreen is now crashing after long periods of inactivity. (eg, you exit all apps when you go to bed and return next morning to a frozen box/homescreen. The clock stops too so you can see exactly when it crashed). Only a hard reset bring the box out of the crash, if you simply unplug it and then plug it back in the box will just power up with a blank screen (no homescreen, just blank ) and remains in a frozen state.

Additionally i am now getting a third bug which is also related to the NowTV app and the recently watched:

The recently watched is now comin gup in random places such as the entertainment or movies menu categories. Im including more photos to prove this, just look at the photos, the first photo is the Enterinament > Featured category showing the correct content. The second phont is showing the exact same Entertianment > Featured category but the content it is showing is actualy my recently watched list!

Any news on the progress of getting these issues fixed yet?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Simon-J

This is the second photo which shows the bug,

Sorry had to put in two seperate posts as the forum only allows one photo per post.