cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blank screen

Hi, i have been using the now tv black box for a while now with no issues. But i have recently brought a new 4k tv, the first time i have used one. While watching programmes, tv series, kids programs etc all is fine, but when we watch a film either on now tv or sky store after a few minutes the screen goes blank, there is still sound but no picture. The only way to get picture back is to change channels and then back again. But its not long before the screen goes blank again.

I have tried all 3 hdmi channels, i have also swapped hdmi leads, but the problem continues. I have a dvd player and a ps4 plugged into the tv, neither of which have this issue.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? 

Thanks

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, a few options there that sound quite promicing, ill let you know how i get on 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, did you manage to solve the problem? I am having the same issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem.. its only when I seem to watch films.. screen goes black.. still have sound.. but have to come out and go back in. Its very frustrating!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's not a solution, that's just someone having the same issue. This should not be marked as the solution.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You’re going to have a lot of work to do if you want to fix every misapplied ‘solution’ since 2018 😛

Or have you got the same issue, and didn’t think to say so?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello just go to settings and turn off screensaver on nowtv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why my now TVs stoped working on my iPad?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I havnt used my now tv box in a while and I go to plug it in and it was giving me a blank screen so I was going through the nowtv help and it suggested turning off and on so I did that and no still didnt work so I reset it no but now it comes on as let's get started and i try to connect to the wifi get half way to my password and resets and have to do it all again i have tried like 10 times now so any advice is much appreciated many thanks 

Ash

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys

Everyone seems to be having bother with the screen going blank but still have sound. What worked for me was, go into settings and find display, change the display settings from 720 bp to 16.9 widescreen ( still fits the screen)or 4.3. Click ok and it will give you time to select and it says something like yes works fine, select and click ok.

You loose some high definition but it no longer cuts out, you can also change it back later.

Hope it helps

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same issue upgraded to a smart tv but the now tv box when watching movies goes blank I can still hear sound just no picture it’s very frustrating tried everything you guys have suggested  and it still happens 😞 unfortunately my smart tv won’t let me install the app as they haven’t got rights too