cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

£25 useless orniment is USELESS

I bought a black nowtv box with 2 months free movies pass from my local asda store. I gets home, connects up my latest shiny gadget, alls well. Goes to nowtv website to start the process of registering an account... (I am sure you all know whats coming)

I do not possess a debit/credit card.. so could not register an account.. I ordered a prepaid credit card, waited 2 weeks, topped it up (it works as I paid last months virgin media bill and donated some money to a charity) I goes back on the nowtv site to use my new card... DOES NOT WORK.. The store are unwilling to refund or exchange (prefer exchange) as the scratch card has been scratched off in anticipation...

So nowtv.. what am I suppossed to do with this?? I would bin the code and forget the free movies if I could actually log into the box and just use it to stream via pc to tv but cannot even do that..

YOU SHOULD STATE ON THE PACKAGING ABOUT THIS (and change the BS reason for wanting debit details as well, its NOT "for your safety" its to make profit, simple as)

Id say thank you as I usually do to end a posting but you have done nothing worth thanking.

JKsully

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not sure about box packaging as didnt save mine but I know the tv adverts in small print at bottom screen says you need card so id guess somewhere on the packaging it says the same.

As you cant take it back maybe consider selling it on ebay to get some of your money back.

The reason they need a card is to prove you are uk based and providing correct info I guess its part of the license agreement with broadcasters that they have make sure your in the uk.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Not sure about box packaging as didnt save mine but I know the tv adverts in small print at bottom screen says you need card so id guess somewhere on the packaging it says the same.

Indeed, on the back of the box at the bottom, it states: "18+. UK only. NOW TV account set up with debit/credit card required to activate box."

So there you have it Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thought it would have it on box somewhere just one of those things when in a shop buying who takes time to read small print I know for sure I dont.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Well, just out of curiousity I updated my card details to my Revolut card, and it accepted those details just fine.  I don't know if the checks are a bit less strict though as it's not a new account, but might be worth a try if your bank won't issue you a debit card?  The Revolut is a pre-paid Mastercard and it doesn't cost anything to get one.  It's probably similar to the card you have, but as I say I've actually checked the billing system accepts mine.