cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TERRIBLE picture quality!

I just bought my smart stick today, set it up and (about two hours later! took forever to sort itself out) started to try it out. The picture quality is appalling! We have high speed fibre broadband so I don't think it's that. We're using the wi-fi (I can't connect it with a wire, I'd have to run it across the room) so I don't know if it's that although I've never had a problem with Amazon Prime. It makes no difference if I'm watching live tv something from catch up. It drops in and out, sometimes it's acceptable and other times it's pixellated and unwatchable. Please tell me there's a way to fix this. If not I'm going to have to cancel. I'm not expecting HD quality but this is worse than back in the day when you had to fiddle with the aerial to try and get a picture! I'd ask NOW TV but have no way to contact them, they have never bothered to reply to two messages I sent them recently about my new account and the pop up chat window won't pop up for me. This really hasn't been a good experience so far!

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh hang on we might have fixed it. Husband wondered if it might be because the stick wasn't charged enough so he swapped from the usb charge via tv to the plug and it seems fine now. Fingers crossed it stays that way! 
Sorry I would have deleted this topic but couldn't see a way to do it!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The stick isn't like a mobile phone where it needs charging.

The stick relies on constant power to work, either from a 1 A 5VDC rated usb port on your television or by using the supplied power adapter.

Sounds like the supplied power adapter plugged into your mains power outlet has done the trick thanks to your husband 👍.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I hate to admit in public that my husband was right but it did solve the issue! I had it plugged in to the TV via the usb but I guess it wasn't picking up enough power somehow.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Good thing the WiFi is OK as well, as you might struggle to find anywhere on the Stick that you could plug in an Ethernet cable Smiley Tongue

Glad you got it working, anyway.

There have been so many reports of long delays to get on Live Chat or it not working at all, recently, that I thought I’d better try it - straight through, in contact in seconds, had to tiptoe away.

This was on an iPad, so the Safari browser. Which browser seems to make a difference; if you have to contact Live Chat again - though lets hope you won’t - try the Firefox or Chrome browsers, and make sure it isn’t too locked down. I’m not sure Live Chat is an actual pop-up, but if it is, some browsers allow them, some ask you, and some just won’t open them, depending on your settings, so you have to make sure the door to Live Chat is open for you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I use Chrome and I made sure pop ups are allowed but no joy. I get the initial window where I have to choose a topic but it disappears as soon as I click on the next bit and that's that, nothing else comes up. I received a reply from this morning about the message I sent them on the 4th! Except it wasn't a reply at all, just said they were referring me to a different team. When you send the message it says they normally get back within 24 hours not over a week! I hope nothing ever goes wrong as their customer service is terrible!