cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Stick on LG TV Problems

I have just moved my Now TV Stick from my Panasonic TV, where it worked perfectly, to my LG TV where it has some issues. I have read other posts on the forum relating to problems with LG TVs but none seem to deal with my issues. 

First I would say that my TV is less than 12 months old and I have tried the stick in both hdmi ports with the same results.

The Stick allows me to watch the Sky content including Sports passes but I cannot get any of the apps that are available through Now TV. In particular I cannot get the BT App. On the Home screen the second box down on the l/h side says “Previews” rather than “Apps” which is displayed when used on the Panasonic TV.

Second issue is that the Stick remote control does not work at all to control the stick.

As I said all work perfectly on my Panasonic TV so I presume the issues are with the TV and not the Stick.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

Glad you got it working

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User

Here’s a basic troubleshooting step you can try.

Building on what @Saint1976 conjectures, get into place with NowTV on the LG as you have been doing

When you can see the NowTV screen shown (even though you can’t use it, perhaps), pull the NowTV Stick out of the HDMI port.

What happens, if anything, to the on-screen display?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.