cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I delay activating a pass

Hi .. I have just bought a new Now TV stick which comes with a complimentary 1 month Cinema Pass. I already have a 2 month Cinema Pass that expires mid-January. 

Can I delay activating the comp pass until my present one expires, or if I activate it now, will it kick in automatically when my present one expires?

Thanks....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you want the new 1 month cinema voucher to continue straight after your current 2 month  cinema pass currently on your account, then you will need to redeem & start the 1 month new cinema voucher in the last 30 days of your current cinema offer finishing.

Was there a paper scratch card voucher code inside the box with the stick or does it say on the front of the box outer packing "Redeem voucher during setup" ?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks (and for the Currys tip!). My current pass is on a monthly credit card auto renew. Does that change the advice or do I proceed as you suggest?

Assuming this is the usual NowTV arrangement whereby they take the money, they look, for each upcoming month as it falls due, to see if you have an ongoing pass, and if so, they let the pass run, and don’t draw from your card.

This is very civilised, as every pass you get from elsewhere saves you money, but if you run out of passes, or forget to activate one you have pending, the credit card kicks in again to ensure the service stays alive for you, and doesn’t get broken.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, I have a years pass via my phone. I have just purchased a stick so I can watch on my tv. The stick comes with a 2 month pass, can I delay this or give it to a family member to use?
Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I already had a pass running when I bought my Stick, and managed to not activate the pass that comes with the Stick until later. I think it still gets associated with the account/email address you register the Stick to though (so can't give to someone else I guess), and I'm not sure how long the Stick's pass is valid for - a month or two fine, but for a whole year (if you've only just started your 1 year pass) I couldn't be sure.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing you have already setup the NowTV stick against your account and if so the 2 month voucher will be saved under the My Account > Passes and Vouchers section, where there will be a link towards the top of the page.

I am not fully familiar with the Vodafone Entertainment 12 months deal, but usually you won't be able to redeem and add the new voucher to your account until 30 days left remaining on an existing entertainment offer i.e. Month 11.

This is cutting it fine mind, where the Vouchers that comes with the stick has an expiry date of 12 months from date of purchase (i don't know how much leeway NowTV give with this date taken into consideration how long the Stick was on the shelf at the Retailers).

If it was me i would contact Live Chat and ask them if they can confirm on the latest you can use the voucher where they may ask for the stick serial number to check against the voucher.

Otherwise go into My Account > Passes & Vouchers and click on the link voucher waiting for you, then if you move your cursor on the Redeem button which should be greyed out and right click on it and see if you can temporary copy and paste the link to see if the voucher code is embedded inside the link which will start with NOW******* with a combination of letters and numbers usually 12 to 14 digits long and see if Live Chat can tell the date of when the voucher code expires from the extracted information.