cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Want to upgrade to a smart box

Currys are offering the smart box for £20 with a 3 month entertainment pass included. However i already am a subscriber to entertainment and sport... can i buy this box and login with my credentials and watch ? thanks

Also, how are the freeview channels received, is it via the internet or via the ariel ?

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/now-tv-fu...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No worries. Like I say if you want to grab one while it's on sale you can connect it to the Internet and everything else will work fine, you'll just need to wait for your aerial to watch the Freeview broadcasts. Enjoy!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yep, you can do that. You are allowed to have four devices registered to your account to watch your NOW TV passes on, and can watch on up to two at the same time.

If you're not sure how many devices you currently have registered just check your My Account > Manage Devices page

https://account.nowtv.com/device-management

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also, how are the freeview channels received, is it via the internet or via the ariel ?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The Freeview channels are received via an aerial, although if you don't have an aerial to connect up to it the box will still work fine for all the other apps on the box, as they all stream over the Internet. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks ! I will have to get my ariel fixed then i will go ahead and buy it

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No worries. Like I say if you want to grab one while it's on sale you can connect it to the Internet and everything else will work fine, you'll just need to wait for your aerial to watch the Freeview broadcasts. Enjoy!

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User internal aerials can work if you are sufficiently close enough to your transmitter and there's not too much blocking the signal.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.