cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using box in another house

Staying with my son for a few days. Taken my box. He has had a free trial in the past. My box thinks it’s him trying to use it. 

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I think that is extremely odd, as I can’t imagine where that information is stored. I suppose NowTV could go by IP address, but those aren’t normally static, so not a reliable measure.

Or maybe NowTV  don’t actually think it’s him, they just think it is nobody in particular, but whoever it is, they’re not getting another free trial because the box is saying it isn’t eligible for that.

Maybe someone with more juju than me would know.....@schnapps ?

Anyway, on NowTV on the box, Sign Out if you find it signed in as him, and then, whether you do or not, Sign In again with your own account details.

NowTV shouldn’t care if you house-hop, as long as you stay in a supported country.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your help. 

Son mixed boxes up and had connected his old box instead of mine

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

He should have kept quiet.

Then you might have followed my advice, which would have gifted him your second stream Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.