cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box keeps skipping back

The last few days when we are watching channel 5 on smart boxit randomly jumps back about 20 mins to parts we have already seen and have to fast forward to catch up. It happens on other channels but not as much. Brought a new smart box as we thought it could be that but happening on tge new one. Anyine k ow what it could be
181 REPLIES 181
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looking forward to hearing any update on this also.
After pausing live TV on our smart box, it jumps back 30 mins too. Very frustrating.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This skipping back has been driving us mad. I have reset the box and set it all up again and again. It's nice to see that this is a problem for other users as well.  I would like to see this solved REALLY quickly please NOW TV.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Everyone, I have the same problem as described by the previous posters.(Skipping back, wrong HDMI port selected and TV cutting out completely for a few seconds)

My problem seems to have become more severe though, because my box was constantly trying to turn my TV on and now my Panasonic TV has failed completely.

I am wondering whether a "faulty" constant signal from the "1click" swich on feature could damage a TV.

Anyway I am going to disable the "1click" feature from my other Smart TV box just in case.

It looks like I will have to buy a new TV.

Anyone else in the same boat?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I own a Panasonic TV and I am also suffering the wrong HDMI input on my smart box Smiley Sad

I can't see the HDMI bug on the smart box causing your Panasonic TV to totally fail might be a coincidence and the worst I would expect is a HDMI board failure on your TV which would be extremely doubtful.

Does your TV power on at all or is the standby light flashing on the TV with a number of flashes each time (if so enter your TV full make and model number with the number of standby light flashes displayed in the Google search engine and it should come back with the results what may be the cause and the TV component effected).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Thanks for your support. I will try to do as you recommend. However all we are getting at the moment is a constant flashing of the green led with no apparent response. If we leave it in this state, the TV clicks as though it’s trying to switch on. We have unplugged the box and just tried to use the TV normally but although the green led flashes, the TV is dead.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The green led flashing light normally means there is a component fault on the Panasonic TV (my guess one of the printed circuit boards as developed a fault).

The flashing green led should keep repeating with the same number and sequence of flashes (then once you know the led flashing sequence enter this info together with your Panasonic TV model number into Google or YouTube search engine then you should know what is the cause of your TV failure).

If it's one of the minor printed circuit boards then it might be worth getting it repaired by making enquires at a TV repair shop (depending on the age and spec of the TV you may decide it's not worth it) Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Schnapps.

Thanks again for the advice.

It just looks as though my problem seems to have coincided with the other issues with the Smart Box that have become apparent.

I can't help but be suspicious though, that if my box was constantly trying to turn on my TV without a return response from the TV. That there may have been some contributory factor.

As regards a repair, it doesn't seem worth it with so many newer and cheaper models on the market.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yeah I know what you mean with so many TV models available on the market at some tempting prices ( I have two old spare 42 inch Panasonic Plasma TV's in the house which cost me nearly £1000 pounds each, back in the day and I would be lucky if i get £100 for them now, if I sold them Second Hand on Gumtree) Smiley Sad

I am guessing you have tried this already, but what happens if you switch the power off at the mains for a couple of hours and then try powering back on the TV ?

Also, try disconnecting the power plug adaptor at the back of the TV and re connect it again.

If your Panasonic TV is an old model getting on a bit now, it could be a capacitor failure on the main power board (electronic capacitors tend to fail over a long period of time).

Anyway Good Luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think I have sorted mine out not done it all day. I just went to update in box setting did an update and has been working fine since then
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok it's just done it again 😞