cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No preview on fast forward or rewind

There is no preview on fast forward or rewind.  This has happened fairly recently . Any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What playback devices was you using ?

Unless my memory is starting to fade, NOW content never offered a video preview at the point you fast forward or rewind (unless it was offered on certain devices that i never owned).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you mean NOW content and not other Apps such has Netflix, Amazon Prime etc on NOW branded devices.

From my knowledge Fast Forward or Rewind preview video has never been provided by NOW on all the playback devices that i have ever owned when watching NOW content.

Though this would be a much welcomed feature. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It used to work on all content and on all platforms   it's only recently that it has stopped  . 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What playback devices was you using ?

Unless my memory is starting to fade, NOW content never offered a video preview at the point you fast forward or rewind (unless it was offered on certain devices that i never owned).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using a now tv set-top box . 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's after I have paused live tv . I try to fast forward through the context but can't  view it to see what I was watching. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Ignore my previous posts i thought you was talking about on Demand or Catchup.

I don't use the live pause tv function on NOW, so maybe you are absolutely right.

Maybe drop them an email.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for you help anyways . Much appreciated. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You may be better off sending an email to NOW asking the question directly to them (use the email address on the screen shot below).

I will be intrested in their reply email if they offered video preview whilst fast forwarding or rewinding NOW content on their NOW branded boxes in the past.

Never seen this functionality on my NOW boxes when either fast forwarding or rewinding on the NOW service over the 7 or 8 years using NOW.

Though i would appreciate this feature myself when using the NOW devices, where using the time line progress bar is not ideal for finding the scene you want to watch.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've noticed that too. 

I would be interested to see if a solution is available.