cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Signal And HDMI problem

Wondering if anyone could help I have a Now TV smart box, my Nan and grandad has Toshiba TV, when the tv comes on with the HDMI it says no signal and I have to press a button on the Now TV remote it has black screen has no signal with a countdown once I’ve pressed the button it comes on after a few seconds and then after that comes up with the message remote control buttons will be directed to the HDMI device as long as you are on this HDMI source (after I’ve pressed the button) comes up with that message. 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have a read of this thread, where it appears certain Toshiba TV's don't play nicely on the smart box on initial setup and needs a software update by connecting the box to a different model TV temporarily before you can then use the smart box on the Toshiba TV.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/HDMI-issues-with-new-Smart-Box/m-p/439364/highlight/true#M3822

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have a read of this thread, where it appears certain Toshiba TV's don't play nicely on the smart box on initial setup and needs a software update by connecting the box to a different model TV temporarily before you can then use the smart box on the Toshiba TV.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/HDMI-issues-with-new-Smart-Box/m-p/439364/highlight/true#M3822

Debbiegonk
Observer

It just says No signal so can’t watch normal tv

RoyB
Legend

@Debbiegonk 

You have to reselect TV Input to watch normal TV, after watching a Now box or Stick on HDMI.

(I presume you have an aerial connected to the TV?)

If you can give the make and model of the TV and of the device(s) you have plugged in, and into which HDMI input(s), and whether they are working or not, we can probably clarify this a bit further.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.