cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having to reset box every time I use it

Hello. I bought a Now TV Smart Box about a month ago and when I works, its really good. However, to get it to work I have to reset the box once or usually twice. A typical scenario is I get home from work and then switch on the TV. The box does not connect automatically or, if it does, it freezes for about 15 mins and won't allow me to change channel or use the programme guide. I usually reset it at this point and wait for it to restart afterwhich it usually works but quite often doesn't connect with the TV again and I have to try switching the telly on and off or resetting the box again. Obviously, this is quite annoying when you just want to watch the telly. Is this a problem with the box or is it me? I'm pretty close to taking it back to shop and getting a different box. All I want is to be able to turn the telly on and watch TV.

Thanks

Mike

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When you say resetting the smart box do you mean rebooting the box at the power mains or a full factory reset ?

If you haven't tried i would suggest a full factory reset by going into the box menu settings, then you would need to re scan the TV Freeview channels once again, then check for software updates on the box by going into the box menu settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi schnapps. I mean pressing the reset button the underside of the box.

I will try what you suggest...

Mike

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Here's the guide on how to undertake a full factory reset, once you have factory reset the box you will need to re enter your account username and password details again.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have tried that Scnapps but still not working, will try and use an ethernet cable as advised. Thanks for your help anyway.

Mike

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi and welcome to the fourm

Can we ask if you are connected wirelessly or by ethernet? if wireless try connecting via ethernet to see if this will resolve the issue for you 

Thanks The Nowtv Team 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Am connected wirelessly. Will buy an ethernet cable, if that doesn't work I'm taking it back to the shop.

Thanks

Mike