cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting statistics about broadband usage

Dear community/support.

I have a bit of technical background (working a lot with networking) and after checking available options for my NowTV modem/AP I have following questions:

1. Is there any way to setup some configuration to track bandwidth usage (for example: SNMP, or other method - where I can see this on daily basics)?
For example I would like to track what I am using daily when using TV and Internet.

2. Is there any way of easy add list of IPs/Macs to AP - so every device will get always the same IP?

3. If collecting bandwidht usage is not possible directly - is there any service in NowTV account where I can see daily bandwidth usage?

Best regards.

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No SNMP support in the Hub I'm afraid, and there's no monitoring tool available on your NOW TV account either (I think they assume because all the broadband levels are unlimited it's not needed). 

Without going to the hassle of installing a second router/box that can monitor traffic, about the best you can do is check the router stats by logging into your router, going to the Maintenance tab and clicking Show Statistics at the bottom. This will give your received packets since last reboot, which you can do very rough and ready calculations on (eg estimate packets at 1500 bytes and work from there). Not very user-friendly but it's about best you can do. 

As for static IPs this can be done from the Advanced > LAN IP Setup screen (Address Reservation, click Add, choose device, set IP and apply). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Andy

Thank you for help and explanation. I know that SNMP is not something which most of customers will know or use - however from my point of view would be very nice to have this implemented - event for basic statics.

Best regards.