cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Beware of using a Now TV box and Roku in same room....

I have a Now TV smart box and all was good.

I purchased a Roku Express to use on a different HDMI.

Yesterday while watching Netflix on the Roku Express i received an email thanking me for purchasing a Sky Sports Pass.

I immediately cancelled it and checked my devices because i thought i’d been hacked.

I switched to the NOW tea box to find it was stuck in the sports channels in the program guide.

Because they share remote codes my Netflix watching keystrokes had purchased a Sky Sports pass without me noticing.

I managed to get a full refund luckily.

I’ve now setup a purchase pin code and will also now start controlling using the app just to be safe in future.

Yes slightly embarrassing.....

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I think I know what's happened here, where the IR Roku Express remote works on both the Roku Express and the smart box and by pressing the keys on the Roku Express remote controller you have accidentally by pure bad luck purchased a sports pass.

Would recommend using a payment pin on your account and maybe power off the devices when not in use or look at the mobile Roku remote controller App where you can select which device you want to control.

Edit ~ Just noticed on your post which I overlooked, that you realised what happened Smiley Embarassed