cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

updates are supposed to make things better, right?

So I know there are multiple posts about continue watching being cleared (mine too) but I also have the following:-
If I rewind anything when I try to play the programme I get the colour balls of doom - have to exit app and go back to the episode. It then plays from a random point, not where it stopped
If I fast forward credits to get to the end of a programme - above mentioned happens again.
NowTV is becoming a bit too irritating to deal with, please update us on what you are going to do to rectify these new problems that have been created.

33 REPLIES 33
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Sorry to hear that. Let me know if anything improves when the box app updates to v4.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@ukbobboy

Oh dear that doesn't sound good! EVERY update that's been implemented since I signed up has made the service worse for me.
To be fair I don't think NowTV gives a ****
If it wasn't for the LG app working I would bin it and only sign back up to watch the last season of GoT.
Lindzi
Elite 2

Thanks @Andy will do
Lindzi
Elite 2

Morning @Andy

On my black box I requested a system update and it updated to 4 something. So  I played an ep of Sex and the City and let it run for 15 mins, hit the rewind to see if it is any better and when I pressed play it did the colour balls of doom and then a red banner at the top of the screen popped up saying 'error' then black screen again. Left it for a couple of minutes then the prog started again from the beginning of the ep, including re running the pre show adverts.

I will try the Samsung app at some point this week.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi So you try and watch an episode of Sex and the City and it refuses to play it? Glad to hear it's working fine now! 😉

Seriously - no idea! New update (and old version) don't have any of those issues. I'd like to blame it on your Hub and/or ISP maybe disagreeing with traffic to/from NOW TV for some reason but it works perfectly fine on your LG app. I'd like to blame the NOW TV box but it does the same on your Samsung app. No idea, and no point sending you on any more wild goose chases!

Don't have much influence around here, but I'll tag @Karl-F - please Karl, I know you won't be able to help direct but is there anyway you can make sure this gets sent to someone further up the line who will be able to investigate? Or can you suggest what Lindzi needs to do in addition to make sure it gets investigated further up the line? Anybody she can open a dialogue with direct? She's been patient, tolerant and taken everything in good spirit but is ready to leave now!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy

Oh I love that programme!!

"She's been patient, tolerant and taken everything in good spirit" - ha ha I do try my best, but I do know that I have a tendency to throw my toys out the pram!  Smiley Very Happy

thank you for tagging in a Now TV person....I will try and stay positive that someone from Now TV will at least try and help/comment
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Karl's nice enough not to mind if you keep pestering him! He's also very busy so tags might not be noticed first time, feel free to tag him every few days until he notices! I'll take the blame! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy   do updates make things better...... hmmm.   My black now TV box has s/w 7.7.3 with build 4122 and now TV app is 4.4353.  I can now delete the greyed out thumbnails,  yay I thought.  BUT, now if I add for example Stan Lee's Lucky Man I get that show in my watchlist plus 5 other 'associated' thumbnails which are greyed out/no longer available, if you click one of them to delete , yes they do disappear, along with the actual show you wanted in your watchlist! 

I get the same with Deadliest Catch - the actual show plus 1 greyed out thumbnail, can't delete one without the other.   I suspect there are probably more shows out there with these obsolete 'associated' thumbnails still attached to them. 

This latest update has kind of fixed one problem while creating another,  would you please be so kind as to add Lucky Man or any other shows you know of that had all these extra 'specials' to your box and test if the same thing happens, just to be sure. 

I'm not sure really which people to tag about this, but I'm sure you do! You seem to know your way around the forum and help alot of people out - thanks. ☺

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yes you're right that is how things are behaving at the moment, Walking Dead is another example in my watchlist.

I believe the 'adding of the extras' is a feature NOW TV have deliberately employed, although I'm not a fan, but they now need to find a way of only showing extras that are available at the time, or of allowing extras to be removed independently of the main show.

I'll tag @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User from the NOW TV Team and see if theycan pass it further up, but I think we might have settle in for a wait for a fix!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy 

I really hope bundling in extras with the main show is not deliberate, I don't like it at all. It would be good to get some clarification on this from someone at now tv.  I agree though, it would be far better to be able to remove each item independently and just keep the main show you want, watchlist could get huge otherwise.

Seems like this was more of half update really, solve the ongoing problem of being unable to delete expired shows, while creating a new problem of being able to delete them but taking anything linked with them!  Headaches all round, I hope @Anonymous User or someone can help with this, I think there may be alot more complaints when people have updated...