cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

parental controls for adult content

Is it just me, or is it possible to set the parental controls so they only block adult content?I have it set to 18 and above, but it is blocking programs like Supergirl. She does wear quite a short skirt, but I really doubt this is rated 18.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

She does wear quite a short skirt, but I really doubt this is rated 18.

Short? It's positively disgraceful!

Seriously though, there's nothing you can do to improve the situation at the moment. The problem is at NOW TV's end. They are aware of the issue, but until they become more accurate in identifying and assigning the correct certificate for content they've taken an over cautious view to ensure nothing inappropriate slips through. 

So at the moment the only solution is to keep entering the parental PIN if you want to protect children from viewing certain content.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Legend 5
Legend 5

It is a bit random, it blocked yonderland on mine.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

She does wear quite a short skirt, but I really doubt this is rated 18.

Short? It's positively disgraceful!

Seriously though, there's nothing you can do to improve the situation at the moment. The problem is at NOW TV's end. They are aware of the issue, but until they become more accurate in identifying and assigning the correct certificate for content they've taken an over cautious view to ensure nothing inappropriate slips through. 

So at the moment the only solution is to keep entering the parental PIN if you want to protect children from viewing certain content.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did try turning the controls off and then back to 18 and this did seem to help a bit, because my 17-year-old son can now watch Supergirl without me needing to type in the pin. I imagine his morals will survive.

But it is still blocking, say, You Me and the Apocalypse, which also can't be rated 18. The strange thing is that if you watch these channels with a Sky subscription the parental controls are a lot more accurate. It certainly does not block either of these two programmes, although it does make a few errors. So why can't Now TV just use the same certifications as on Sky? I will probably have to turn off parental controls, as they seem to be pretty much unusable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You, Me & the Apocalypse is rated 18 by Sky, I posted in another thread, far too many episodes of shows have been given false 18 ratings, from The Blacklist, to The Actor's Studio. Even Spy is rated as a 15 when it's no more than a 12/PG according to the BBFC.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Even the christmas-themed specials, such as 1 hour of a log fire or a snowy scene through a window, require a PIN!

Legend 5
Legend 5

I watched the final episode of you me and the apocalypse on Virgin. It was rated 15 on there. So no consistency.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yeah, the Christmas Scenes haven't been assigned a certificate and any uncertified content is treated as 18 for parental control purposes just in case. Like I say the team know about the issue but I agree it is a pain whilst it's in this state. I'll give them a nudge about the Scenes though, everyone should be able to watch sleeping kittens at Xmas!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Andy and @Anonymous User

Is that on Live Sky Movies channels?

The thing is, all of our Live Movies channels require Parental PIN which is mandatory and cannot be removed. 

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, it is the 1 hour Christmas scenes, such as kittens or a log fire.