cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error 14

I keep getting the error code 14 message when I try and connect to wifi.  I've tried enabling and disabling pings and that doesn't work.  I can't plug my box into my router as it's too far away.  I can't find the live chat option for love nor money as I never get a "Contact Us" option at the bottom of any of the pages.    Can anyone help?

59 REPLIES 59
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Perhaps try changing the WiFi channel on your BT Router.

If practically possible can you use an Ethernet cable between your nowtv black box and Router ?

Have you tried a factory reset on the nowtv box and re setup your wifi connection again (just bear in mind you will have to re enter your nowtv username & password again from scratch). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I bought my dad a now TV box connected it up and it wont connect to internet despite all devices such as tablet etc working? Why is it not connecting?

Thanks 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Are you getting any particular error message or problem? Error 014 sometimes appears during setup, if so have a look at the following help page

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

But it if that doesn't help, post back with a description of what's happening and what you've tried and someone should be able to help you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I brought a now tv box and it's all connected to the Internet wifi local connection everything but it still won't work I've done the reset several times and still nothing I've phoned nowtv and they told me to go on here to get it sorted out
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been asked before, and I am probably doing something silly, BUT, I already have 1 black box set up and working fine.  Am trying to set up a 2nd black box, but getting error code 014.  Have checked this and followed the instructions on fixing this.  I get as far as the Platform Secret Screen, but it does not show Systems Operations Menu.  I can see on the screen on the bottom right Disable Network Pings - but cannot get to it, no matter what button I press on the remote control!!!!

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Lin

I have setup two black NowTV boxes in the recent past and did not run into any difficulties, the first box I set up was for my main TV and the second one was setup for my son on his smaller TV.

I would like to know if you are doing anything different with the second box that you did not do with the first box?  

If not, can you walk me through (step by step) the process you used to set up the second box then I can hopefully see where you may have gone wrong.  

In the meantime, perform a reset by using the reset button on the rear of the box.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hiya and Thank you for replying.

I connected as I did with the last one.  When it first came up it asks the language, then the welcome screen, then connect to the internet - wireless wifi, set up new connetion which it finds, enter the network password, and this is when I encounter the first problem.  It connects to wireless, but not local - error code 014.  So I do the H5, FF1. P1, R1, p1, FF1 to get to the Platform Secret Screen. There is is showing on the left Temperature, IP address, and WiFi (shows a box with the green bar going up and done, also figures changing). On the bottom right there are System Reboot, Disable Network Pings and Wi-Fi- Secret Screen - they each have a greyed out box to the right.  I cannot get to these boxes to select Disable Network Pings. I have reset the box a couple of times - does not fix the problem.

Grateful for your help on this.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Lin

I've done a quick check between what you have done, i.e. the step by step instructions you've followed, and what other users have done to solve this problem, I think you have done all that you can do already.

Therefore, rather than waste anymore of your time, I think you should return the box as faulty and get a replacement, it's the only logical option left. 

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thought I would have another attempt with it.  Swopped it with the one I already had, tried the set up and error code 14, did the process, and guess what ..... it worked !!

They are both now working.  I have no idea on what made it work - but I am happy it does.  So my thanks to you for helping me, it was very much appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this problem when connecting to hotspot on my iPhone XS - it keeps connecting and dropping after a few seconds. I used my wife’s iPhone 7 without a problem. she upgraded to iPhone 11 Pro and now we have the same issue with that. Anyway I changed my settings from 4G to 3G and it works perfect. Isn’t it about time someone sorts this problem out at NOW TV????