cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture slightly jerky

Hi,  Brand new Black NOW TV box; all good EXCEPT the picture is just slightly jerky...  all ideas welcome!!

19 REPLIES 19
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
It's not the Now TV, it's clever bits on your telly that are messing around with the signal it's receiving from the Now TV box.

Well... It is and it isn't.

Sufficed to say, your TV's 'post-processing' features were exaggerating the jerky flow of the images even more Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The picture on my new box is terrible on my Philips 4K TV.  I've tried turning off all post processing on the TV but still too jerky to watch.

If I use the NowTV on my iPad and cast it to the TV, the quality is great.

Any suggestions?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem partly solved.  Turned off the 4K up scaling and the image is much better but still not perfect. Casting from the app to the TV is still much better.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you have a now tv box,try reseting the box and update it. It wil the give you the smooth 50HZ Or alternitaly, watch now tv from you pc. On your pc, go to intel graphics control panlel and change the refresh rate. It worked for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Everyone, I have great news. I have solved the judder issue. DO NOT use Now TV via games console, tablet, mobile phone. Use your PC or Laptop. When you connect your PC to your tv, go to the start menu and type in 'Intel HD Graphics Control Panel'. Then go to display and click on the 'refresh rate ' option. Change the 60hz to 50hz. Click 'Apply' and then click yes. Now all your Now TV content should now refresh at 50HZ. It worked for me and I'm so happy
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

With respect, what you've found is nothing new. The new NOW TV 'smart' box offers a 50Hz output, as do the Apple TV products along with the LG and Samsung televisions. 

Over the years there's been plenty of discussion on the forum regarding the correct frequency to view NOW TV content.

By-the-way... With regard to viewing NOW TV on a computer at 50Hz. Sadly, not all graphics chipsets are able to be set to 50Hz. So not everybody will be able to do what you suggest! 

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I understand what you mean. Just letting everyone who doesn'y know, know. You know.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just found this forum as I had a bad judder watching now tv sky sports on my PS3. I've got a Samsung smart Tv and went into the 'picture mode' settings and changed it to 'game mode' - no more judder!
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Given that you're using a PS3 as your playback device and not a NOW TV 'black' box, perhaps you comments would be more helpful to people within the forums dedicated PlayStation 3 sub-section...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a big problem with football jerking went on advanced settings on tv turned off motion on picture settings and picture is fine for football